Wit Beer BBQ Chicken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminBier

Reaction score
Every Sunday night I mix up some of my favorite BBQ rub and slow cook some chicken for my lunches for the week.

This week I have some extra ingredients in the house, so I threw together a new spice rub based on Wit Beer flavoring. Wheat, Orange, Coriander, and since this is BBQ I blended in some south-of-the-border flavors. The end-result was a delicious, delicately-flavored citrus and spice BBQ that paired extremely well with an onion-lime relish.

The Chicken:
For 4 serving
Preheat oven to 350F
1 lb Chicken
3 TBS Wheat DME
1 TBS crushed coriander seed
2 tsp orange zest
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin

The Relish:
1/2 white onion
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 fresh squeezed lime
dash salt

For the relish, mince the onion and cilantro, toss with the lime and salt and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.

For the chicken, mix dry ingredients in a small bowl, add chicken breast and toss until completely coated. That's actually fancier than how I actually do it, I just put the chicken in a pan and sprinkle the seasoning over the top. Bake chicken covered for 15 minutes, remove cover and bake another 15 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes for a bit of char if desired.

Back