Will this stand from Costco work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acroporabrewer

Reaction score
I was at Costco today and noticed this stand with 3 burners. It doesn't look like a bad deal but I am not 100% sure that it will hold the kettles. I can always build a wooden frame to hold it up if I need to. Does anybody own this? I wonder if it will work for 10g batches with some minor modifications. The sale price is $169.

For that price, you could get 2 Bayou Classic Banjo burners, or one Blichmann. I'd go that direction, this doesn't look strong enough for brewing, and BTUs are only 30k.

Just chiming in to concur with what a couple others have said. I have an older version of this Camp Chef 3 burner and it worked fine when I was brewing 5 gallon extract brews with an aluminum BK. I've since moved to brewing 10 gallon AG batches with it for a couple years now and it takes a good amount of time to get a 10 batch to boil and it barely gets to a boil when temps outside are near freezing.

I'm now in the market to upgrade my system. I'm thinking about going with the recommendation that lumpher linked. I would likely purchase a chugger pump to transfer from HLT to MT and I'd also add a short bayou banjo burner to gravity feed from MT to BK. Hopefully, the height difference would work for the gravity feed.

I've seen those and doubt it would get hot enough if your brewing 5gallon batches efficiently. Pretty low BTUs per burner.

I have one of these - I use it for 10G batches and it works just fine. Slow - definitely, but it works. Plus I can take it from my garage, and throw it in my trailer and use for camping on the weekends. It is a rockstar for camping, and I think it suits me fine for brewing. It holds two kettles (one full of water, and one full of wort) no problem and I even put it on a Coscto lifetime plastic table and the table holds all of this no problem. Then makes gravity transfer of strike and sparge water a breeze!

I just add hot water from my washer tap, and it takes about 30 minutes to get up to 180 F for strike water. During that time I grind my grain, and prep the other parts of the brew day.

Then once I've mashed, and collected the wort, it takes that and gets the wort boiling in roughly the same time. That gives me time to clean/sanitize/warsh/record/drink.

I give this three thumbs up, but I have to say that I already owned one of these when I got into brewing. I have been considering an upgrade to a blichmann floor-standing burner or even the 60,000 BTU camp chef stand-alone burner.

I vote yes because of the multiple purpose use! I even have used this for home pressure-canning.

I was at Costco today and noticed this stand with 3 burners. It doesn't look like a bad deal but I am not 100% sure that it will hold the kettles. I can always build a wooden frame to hold it up if I need to. Does anybody own this? I wonder if it will work for 10g batches with some minor modifications. The sale price is $169.

A 2.5 Gal batch (keg) system came to mind with 5 gal pots...like a mini 3 kettle sculpture. :)

Latest posts

Back