Who's Brewing This Weekend (3/14-16)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't decided if I'm brewing. I might just to get my mind off things. If I do, it'll be a Bitter, haven't decided whether it'll be a classic English Bitter or if I'll Americanize it. "Anklebiter."

I'm making an AG Hefeweizen. Its supposedly a Paulaner clone but I'm using White Labs WLP380 instead of WLP300 as that's all my LHBS had in stock.

I'm think of trying triple decoction for this batch. Any suggestions?

The brewing weekend has started. I just finished bottling 5 gallons of Belgian strong dark ale, it ended up finishing at 1.023 and 9.1% ABV. Time for a sandwich and a couple pints, then I'm crushing grains for tomorrow's brew.

Hopefully I'll get to use my new keggle for the first time. I should be able to pick that up tonight.

Sat will be kegging Sharptail Pale Ale. I think I'm going to naturally carbonate this one. I haven't used priming sugar since I got my kegs three batches ago and I have a pretty good stockpile right now so I can wait 3 weeks. Then Racking London Steam to free up the 6.5 gallon and try a scottish ale Sunday.

the_bird said:
I haven't decided if I'm brewing. I might just to get my mind off things. If I do, it'll be a Bitter, haven't decided whether it'll be a classic English Bitter or if I'll Americanize it. "Anklebiter."
I did Jamil's bitter. Excellent. Malty. Mellow. 3.5%.

BierMuncher said:
I did Jamil's bitter. Excellent. Malty. Mellow. 3.5%.

It'll be something simple like that, but I don't have any Special Roast or any EKG.

Actually, based on what I have in stock....

It'll be Maris Otter, a medium crystal (whatever I have), and Fuggles. Maybe I'll toast a pound of malt tomorrow to add a different type of flavor - or, I've got a little bit of coffee malt that might add a real nice, subtle, toasted-roasted note (it's like slightly burned toast). Maybe a quarter-pound of that....

Going to th LHBS tomorrow after work. I am brewing my Honey Raspberry Porter. I also have to bottle a batch that has been in the fermenter so long I don't remember what without checking.

I just brewed today, a delicious Irish Red Ale. It should turn out nice and caramely and toffee-y.

one for me this weekend... edworts stone ipa recipe. will be brewing tomorrow, hopefully the rain will hold off until afternoon.

I just finished brewing an American brown ale. by tomorrow morning it should be bubbling and foaming away. I'll be spending my evening bottling my first batch and should finally be drinking it in a couple weeks. I haven't even drank my first home brew yet and I'm already hooked.

Took the afternoon off to brew Biermunchers Helles Belles.
Had a slight boil-over but other than that it went great!
Everything is cleaned up, yeast is pitched and I've got a keg that needs finishing to make room for more beer!!!! Life is good!

Well, I ended up brewing my alt. Went really well. Blew off my airlock 3 hours after pitching :eek: I took pictures, but don't have them with me.

Mine went without a hitch. Took me just under eight hours to go from zero to clean up and put away. I siphoned onto a previous yeast cake and fermentation began in about six hours. This morning it was really going to town and the krausen was only ~4" from the opening of the carboy. Fortunately, I thought this might happen and attached a blow-off tube. It was bubbling like a motorboat!

This is my second brew in the new brewery and this time I took some pics! I'll post them in a separate thread tonight.

Rhoobarb said:
Mine went without a hitch. Took me just under eight hours to go from zero to clean up and put away. I siphoned onto a previous yeast cake and fermentation began in about six hours. This morning it was really going to town and the krausen was only ~4" from the opening of the carboy. Fortunately, I thought this might happen and attached a blow-off tube. It was bubbling like a motorboat!

This is my second brew in the new brewery and this time I took some pics! I'll post them in a separate thread tonight.

wow, 8 hours for one batch?

Evan! said:
wow, 8 hours for one batch?
Yep! This includes everything you'd normally do the night before, plus a 90 min. mash and a 90 min. boil. Plus, I never get it a hurry to do anything!:)

Back