Who's Brewing This Weekend (3/14-16)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Well, who is going to be manning the boil pot this weekend? Whatcha brewing?

At SWMBO's request, I've got my Weizenbock on the docket for early Saturday morning. It's this recipe, but with some slight modifications to take the 'Americanization' out: Franco-Belges Pilsner malt instead of American 2-row and a blend of White Labs WLP500 Trappist and WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale yeasts instead of the WLP320. I'll be pitching on a previous yeast cake, so I expect this mother to take off!

Having trouble deciding if I am brewing or not this weekend. Definitely not brewing Saturday. Not going to have the time. Sunday though should be clear enough to brew in the morning. However, in order to brew on Sunday I am going to have to put my cali common in a keg, clean/sanitize my secondary, and move my kolsch to secondary. Plus, on top of that, I will have to get to the LHBS. I have no problem doing that stuff, but it would have to be done Saturday, which is booked pretty solid. I have made crazier things work though. We will see what happens.

If I brew, I will be making an alt. Havent quite formulated the recipe yet. I know I will be using a cake of Wyeast German Ale 1007, and probably some hallertauer, but that is about it.

Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'm going to brew an Alaskan Amber clone and maybe another batch of my Harvest Pale Ale if I get a chance. I'm going to have to think about going to 10 gallon batches. I'm going through 5 gal. just way to fast.

I am not brewing. I am going to my little cousins suprise birthday party. She is 12. That is not as fun as brewing. I will probably be drinking. Does that count?:fro:

I will either brew an APA or bottle the IPA I have in secondary.

If I don't brew this weekend, my next chance won't be until the 29th. :(

Brewing a raspberry chocolate stout either tomorrow or saturday but more likely tomorrow because i can't wait that long lol!

I got a brewday lined up for Sunday since I havn't gotten to brew in about a month:
11 gal Orfy's Hobgoblin
5.5 gal Lil' Sparky's Oatmeal Stout.

I really want to do EdWort's Kolsch as well, but will probably do that next week since I will be leaving for a conference in Alabama here soon and won't be able to change ice bottles in a water bath to keep it cool:mad: Eh, I might do a wit instead on Saturday if SWMBO lets me.

I am brewing my Rat Stink Bastard APA on Saturday.
The recipe can be found here.

I am using some Amarillo and Cascade with a little Maris Otter and victory malts for fun.

Im going to try and block in some time to brew a pale ale... Been so busy lately haven't had a chance :(

BierMuncher said:
You're like me. I like a medium gravity and the IBU's on the lower side.

You dry hopping that bad boy?
I hadn't thought about dry hopping it. I have plenty of cascade around so I just might.

10 gallons of SNPA clone for me on Saturday morning. It's finally above freezing (although not by much) in MN, so I don't have to worry about my hoses freezing or spills transforming my garage into an ice rink!

Taking off early on Friday...
I'm gonna get the Bananas Foster Dunkelweizen going tomorrow, and when SWMBO gets home, we are going to start her Island Mist wine kit.
Man...my "Planning line" is about out...but that Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale looks mighty fine...I'd need an extract version though.

DeathBrewer said:
i'll probably brew SOMETHING...not sure what yet. i'm thinking a chocolate stout with real cacao. ...
I had this a couple of weeks ago, brewed without the coffee. It was one of the best chocolate stouts I've ever had.

I might just be able to brew biermuncher's Centennial Blonde, if I can fine Cascade and Centennial. I want something light and that uses dry yeast as I just don't feel like making a starter. Otherwise I would be brewing Ed Worts Hefeweizen.

I have Saturday night all lined up to brew an Irish Cream Ale. My Irish Red ale is delicious, and this is similar but with some variations. It's a bit stronger and i'm gonna use my "Beer" mix gas for it so it will have a silky body and head. I'm pumped for this one.

Busy weekend for me. I'm bottling my Nut Brown and I'm gonna brew a German Alt. Got the AG kit cos it was cheaper than buying ingredients(!!!). I don't have that yeast strain either so I'm going to wash a bunch of it.

Hopefully SWMBO will be around to help me out this weekend. She loves the beer but she feels left out of the brewing process. It's so much easier when she stirs the mash and I can just pour stuff in :D

If I can find the time this weekend, I'm going to do the Orange Amber that I've had planned forever and the Rodenbach clone as well. If I can only do one it will probably be the amber.

Rhoobarb said:
I had this a couple of weeks ago, brewed without the coffee. It was one of the best chocolate stouts I've ever had.
awesome, that's good to hear! the "nibs" is what i'm using, and i hadn't seen them used before.

I'm getting the nibs from Scharffenberger. I went on a tour there with my sis about a week ago and got the idea.

It's only a block from my work, so i can just stop by there on break :D

i was thinking of using something similar to the Young's Double Chocolate Stout recipe from BYO. I think it uses EKG and fuggle for hops.

i don't think i'll use any vanilla or coffee on this one. just some yeast that will leave a lot of residual sugars and probably some lactose, too

:mug:

I know I will be bottling... Not as fun and boiling... But I might brew something, just not quite sure. If I do it will be a stout.

Luckily I have a really good home brew store close by, and no children. So I can pull off quick brews.

I've got to rack my first ever batch to a secondary and I'll be brewing a Lemon Hefe this weekend. I've got an Amber and a Raspberry Ale on deck. Spring is fast approaching and I'll need s a good stock pile of good beer....

Bottled my Two Hearted clones yesterday, planting my rhizomes tomorrow, and brewing a South Pacific Pale Ale (using Nelson Sauvin hops) on Saturday.

I'll be brewing a batch of wheat ale. I also have 15 gallons that need to be bottled, but I'll happy if I manage to bottle 5 gallons this weekend, I just don't feel like cleaning that many bottles.

Saturday evening I'll be bottling my El Jefe Weizen and brewing a PM Dunkelweizen to pitch onto the fresh Wyeast 3056 cake from the hefe.....

Friday I will be kegging 10 gallons of English Mild and bottling a 6-er of it. Then clean/sanitize the Conical. Saturday morn i will be whipping up an English IPA. I have a ton of EKG and some challenger so it will be perfect!

cclloyd said:
Saturday evening I'll be bottling my El Jefe Weizen and brewing a PM Dunkelweizen to pitch onto the fresh Wyeast 3056 cake from the hefe.....

Change of plan - gonna step it up a bit and brew a weizenbock looking at 7.7 - 8 %. Hmmmmm........:cross:

I'll be brewing something non-sour this weekend. I want something I can drink soon for a change. Haven't decided what though. :fro:

wish i was! got my grains in without my new grain mill. i'll be racking my first all grain to secondary though!

SWMBO is going to help me this weekend because the back is really bad, but I have ingredients sitting for a few months now and need to use it up. So, Saturday we're doing hard lemonade, and Sunday we'll brew my Hefe.

Back