Which browser do you prefer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which browser?

• Internet Explorer

• Firefox

• Safari

• Opera

• Netscape

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm another, I've been using Opera since it first came out, and paid for it and an upgrade or two as well before it went freeware. I can't even imagine switching to anything else. You're right, the mouse gestures are a great feature, and one that hasn't been perfected on any other browser.

It's not the most compatible browser, but the features and speed are completely unmatched. There are just a few sites I use regularly that don't work correctly, and I keep Firefox around just for them.

Many sites that at first seem incompatible can be made to work fine by using the "Mask IE" or "Mask Firefox" settings, which do nothing but tell the site that you're using a different browser.

Using IE is a huge security risk, I don't allow its use on my computers or on our network at work. Mac guys use Safari, and PC guys use Firefox, or they use nothing.

Same thing for me, Opera is my ultimate favorite, has all the features i love and more, it's important to keep it updated otherwise we can run into sites that cant load properly.

Then i also have Firefox as a back up if i run into any kind of incompatibility issues.

Opera... Tab browing, Awesome looking skins, the FullScreen (F11) feature hides all the tool bars so you really see the site Full Screen, the magic wand is so cool too, we get to have so many passwords that it quickly becomes a burden, so i love that wand.
I only use IE to get my windows updates on their lame ass site.

Hey look, another resurrected thread from > 6 months ago. Are you guys just bored, or what?

Avant Browser is teh win, at least until Google Chrome gets the whole dual-monitor thing figured out.

I can't see why anyone would use anything but Firefox. There is no way I would ever use Internet Explorer unless they can come up with something like Firefox's AdBlock extension. People can debate about the security aspect of Firefox vs IE for days, but its hard to imagine how anyone can deal with seeing Ads on a webpage once you've tried Firefox and AdBlock.

Back