Which beer faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombitmd

Reaction score
This is the first time I'm making a kegerator and product options are limited. I bought what I believe to be a mongoose style draft tower, and two faucets. But apparently, the faucets are for jockey boxes, with very long shanks.
What faucet should I get? Will the perlick with flow control fit this? Do I need to biy a beer shank? If so, how long? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

View attachment 1509411256766.jpg

View attachment 1509411272090.jpg

You need short shanks with coupler nuts, then pretty much any faucet will fit - except perhaps a flow-control faucet on the left side (the flow control handle might bump into the neighbor faucet, hard to tell).

Take a look at this pic
mongoose-tower-m1_1.jpg

Cheers!

Classy lookin tower. No air getting up there. Keep us posted on first foamy pours or not. Could be a game changer if it works. Better looking than a 3" tower that most use for air movement...Wondering how much the air flow really matters or makes a difference in the tower

Classy lookin tower. No air getting up there. Keep us posted on first foamy pours or not. Could be a game changer if it works. Better looking than a 3" tower that most use for air movement...Wondering how much the air flow really matters or makes a difference in the tower

Local German taphouse has one of those on the bar. It's usually coated with a thin layer of ice. He's got glycol lines circulating through it. That's the best way - no foamy 1st pours.

True glycol systems use a condescending sump for the glycol supply with a refrigerated coil running through it. Ends up colder than what the kegerator will keep it at.

I can't recommend by experience on any, but have been looking at the Intertap SS faucets.

Thanks for the input, everyone! Found a short shank; will let you guys know how everything fits once I get it.

In case some fellow traveler runs into this question in the future, could you provide a source for the chromed short shanks you've found?

Cheers!

Unfortunately, as I'm based in the Philippines, I got it from Australia. And I have a friend who lives there who's bringing it over next week. Haven't seen any short shanks on any of the US online HBS or kegging shops. 🍻

This is the first time I'm making a kegerator and product options are limited. I bought what I believe to be a mongoose style draft tower, and two faucets. But apparently, the faucets are for jockey boxes, with very long shanks.
What faucet should I get? Will the perlick with flow control fit this? Do I need to biy a beer shank? If so, how long? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

My eyes see 2 faucet ports and 3 lines in the baser. What's the 3rd line plumbed to?

BTW, that's a sexy tower.

There are actually 4 lines. One for each faucet and the remaining pair is for the glycol / chilled water circuit if you choose to use it.

Back