PERLICK 630SS with Duotight connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunshowgreg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys long time no see. I been out the game for a while and I finally made the leap to kegging. I got a hang up on a second hand keezer i bought and need some advice.

The lines need replacing and what I thought was gonna be an easy task to just change out the vinyl tubing I see there are lots of options now and I have decided since its getting replaced i go with the Eva route.

I have been researching this for hours now and my eyeballs are bleeding. I have a PERLICK 630SS type faucet already installed and I see that the barbed end is not duotight friendly from what i have researched. am i SOL or can i cut that thing off with my grinder and attach this fitting to it?

Thanks in advance.

inside keezer.jpgduotight fitting.jpgpicture of tap.jpgpushin fitting.jpg

Been there :) When I converted everything to EVABarrier tubing I lopped the barbs off my shanks. Lots of ways to do that, I used a Dremel with a fiber cutoff disc and used the same disc to buff the surface so the PTC fitting would seal (there's a rubber gasket inside).

tower_mods_04.jpg

tower_mods_05.jpg

tower_mods_10.jpg

Cheers!

I've done it as well - on a dual primary reg that has barbed shut-offs, so it was force the EVA over them or replace the shut-off valves with 1/4" MFL style...

1706375389652.jpeg

I encouraged the stretching with a cheap Harbor Freight swaging tool and hot water...

1706375620006.png

I put heat shrink tubing over the end before adding a worm clamp...

Cheers!

This will work with barbed fittings? isnt this pictorial for the smooth type metal connection point?
Sounds like you really want to keep your barbs... What size are they? @day_trippr 's swaging tool would be a big plus here. What size EVABarrier are you using? I recently swaged 3mm ID EVABarrier over 1/4" barbs..quite a strech but do-able (if it helps give you an idea: 1/4" Swivel-nut > 3mm EVABarrier > 6.35mm Monotight connector > Duotight Shank )
Here's what it looked like:
BarbFinis.jpg

4mm ID EVABarrier would be easier.
:mug:

Sounds like you really want to keep your barbs... What size are they? @day_trippr 's swaging tool would be a big plus here. What size EVABarrier are you using? I recently swaged 3mm ID EVABarrier over 1/4" barbs..quite a strech but do-able (if it helps give you an idea: 1/4" Swivel-nut > 3mm EVABarrier > 6.35mm Monotight connector > Duotight Shank )
Here's what it looked like:
View attachment 840217
4mm ID EVABarrier would be easier.
:mug:
yep im using 4mm im gonna go this route for the time being. i guess i had reservations on something that i couldnt undo and now seeing other options lol

thanks @day_trippr the pictorials are super helpful

Is the heat shrink required?
No. Hell on my tower I dipped the hose and barb in hot water, shoved it on and squeezed. never put a clamp on it and no leaks yet.

Oh also I always add a few-6” extra to my lines, with pushfit I like to trim after a few inserts, and I tend to use a fresh section to put on the barb.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I got it connected and after using Soltys calculator I got 12 second pour. I’m good with that. He said 5.1 I went and did 5.5 thinking of needed I can cut shorter later. It was kinda pain in the ass stretching the hose over but it’s on there. I used one of the screws in the photo to step it up since I didn’t have that fancy tool. It carbed up I think it needs a little more time. 12 PSI.

Cheers
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0926.jpeg
    IMG_0926.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I just swapped to a 3 tap tower what a pain in the ass. I couldn’t use my Duotight shanks because of clearence issues. Hell I couldn’t even use one of the non duotights I had, had to use a different one with a smaller 90. Just used some green wire to help make sure nothing slips off.

I just swapped to a 3 tap tower what a pain in the ass. I couldn’t use my Duotight shanks because of clearence issues. Hell I couldn’t even use one of the non duotights I had, had to use a different one with a smaller 90. Just used some green wire to help make sure nothing slips off.
Is it a standard tower? When I swapped to a 3 tap tower on my first kegerator, I briefly thought I had a clearance problem but I guess I was just distracted... I had forgotten to put one of the outer collars on. (the curved one on the outside) Any chance that may have heppened to you?

Is it a standard tower? When I swapped to a 3 tap tower on my first kegerator, I briefly thought I had a clearance problem but I guess I was just distracted... I had forgotten to put one of the outer collars on. (the curved one on the outside) Any chance that may have heppened to you?
No chance. I also am not using the shanks that came with it as they looked… questionable. Could be the welds weren’t cleaned up but I decided to skip them. It was very cheap on eBay I was just after the tower. I didn’t realize also that the center hole was raised compared to the other 2. It’s all together now however and looks purdy.

My dream tower would be a stainless pipe t tower with pipe for the top as well. Anyone know where I can get this about 90% off? https://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/towers/metropolis/metro-t-4psskr.shtml

Last edited:
Back