Where to buy bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm in need of a 100-200 bottles. Normally I'd wait for the summer season and just get them from the local bar, but they're closed for the winter and won't open for another few months.

I need a few hundred bottles, and dont mind the 10 dollar price morebeer is asking for a case of 24, but the shipping is about 20 dollars per case. That makes it unreasonable.

What other sources are out there to buy bottles? Preferably the same style for all without having to remove labels ... meaning new bottles.

I see northern brewer has a case for 17 dollars and free shipping. Anything better out there?

Check out ritebrew.com for the price plus shipping. Their price may not be the lowest but price plus shipping is what you want to know and since I don't know where you are I can't have it calculate the shipping for you.

Have you checked your LHBS?, then of course there is always the option of buying beer for the bottles, kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Hey all. I'm in need of a 100-200 bottles. Normally I'd wait for the summer season and just get them from the local bar, but they're closed for the winter and won't open for another few months.

I need a few hundred bottles, and dont mind the 10 dollar price morebeer is asking for a case of 24, but the shipping is about 20 dollars per case. That makes it unreasonable.

What other sources are out there to buy bottles? Preferably the same style for all without having to remove labels ... meaning new bottles.

I see northern brewer has a case for 17 dollars and free shipping. Anything better out there?
i buy mine at the grocery store or liquor store . they come pre-filled with various beers and I empty them at a decent rate, anywhere from 2 to 5 a night depending on the season. I like to keep a batch worth (2-3 cases)of empties on hand .

Where are you located? There are wholesale options out there if you look. Finding a local company would save on shipping.

Online... check out bottlesetc.com or thecarycompany.com.... but shipping is going to be painful.

Maybe you're interested in buying beer for the bottles, but dread the messy removal process. There are some that use very easy-to-remove labels. When I had a tour of Highland Brewing in Asheville, they said they intentionally use peel-off labels to make it convenient for home brewers. That was several years ago, but probably the same now. There are probably other brands with easy-to-remove labels.

I went to my local sushi restaurant. The owner told me to come by after closing on Friday and Saturday nights. Within a month I had over 200 Sapporo bottles, about half 12oz and half 20oz. I am gradually getting rid of these now, just taking them to the recycler. If you can pick up, they are yours.

Since then, my boss started drinking Grolsch and bringing me his empties. I give these away at my homebrew club all the time and still have over 1,000 of them. They sell for about $1/bottle on eBay. I just need to get around to listing them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back