Where can I find 1.4oz O2 cylinders online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabst Blue Robot

Reaction score
The disposable type that work with the aeration kits. For some reason my local hardware store does not carry these. I realize they'd have to be shipped ground, but can you get a case of them online anywhere?

:confused:

Nate

Pabst Blue Robot said:
The disposable type that work with the aeration kits. For some reason my local hardware store does not carry these. I realize they'd have to be shipped ground, but can you get a case of them online anywhere?

:confused:

Nate

Lowes or Home Depot have these. Look in their tool/welding department for a red "Propane looking" bottle. I got mine at Lowes.

Actually, no good. Grainger won't sell to me since I'm not a business, and Lowe's won't ship O2 period. If I find someone that will on Google, I will post here.

EdWort said:
Lowes or Home Depot have these. Look in their tool/welding department for a red "Propane looking" bottle. I got mine at Lowes.

I saw that on their websites, but I called both stores and neither stock them. They also refuse to ship them here. Perhaps there is some state law that prohibits their sale here? This is the People's Republic of Washington after all....I will post my findings.

Well, I checked Bernzomatic's website and Amazon.com appears to be the only place on the list that stocks these and will ship them here, albeit for $11 a pop plus $8 shipping for two, plus sales tax. Not a hot deal!

I can believe no one will ship it to you, but I would bet a 6 pack of good micro that both stock it.

The SKU for the bar code is 0 7004219355 8 straight from BernzOmatic.

I'd call local hardware stores too.

Pabst Blue Robot said:
Well, I checked Bernzomatic's website and Amazon.com appears to be the only place on the list that stocks these and will ship them here, albeit for $11 a pop plus $8 shipping for two, plus sales tax. Not a hot deal!
You can always call up your local welding supply? Have them order them in maybe?

Dan

Pabst Blue Robot said:
I saw that on their websites, but I called both stores and neither stock them.

I did the same thing. I called my local HD and Lowes and was told by both that they did not carry oxygen tanks. I did not believe them and went down to the HD to look for myself. Low and behold, in the soldering section where you can by the torches, was a case of individual disposable O2 cylinders ($7.59 ea). The moral of the story is don't believe the moron on the end of the line when you call HD or Lowes.

Also, just about every mom and pop hardware store should carry them too. At least around here they do, albiet for about $2 more than HD.

I can't believe that your local place won't order them for you..that's ridiculously stupid!

Good luck bro, I hope you can find some!

Dan

johnsma22 said:
I did the same thing. I called my local HD and Lowes and was told by both that they did not carry oxygen tanks. I did not believe them and went down to the HD to look for myself. Low and behold, in the soldering section where you can by the torches, was a case of individual disposable O2 cylinders ($7.59 ea). The moral of the story is don't believe the moron on the end of the line when you call HD or Lowes.

Also, just about every mom and pop hardware store should carry them too. At least around here they do, albiet for about $2 more than HD.
I had the same problem. Local place said no, I called their sister store an hour away and they checked their stock and said yes. I went down to my local place, and there they were not two feet from the damned checkstand:D

Dan

Thanks for all the advice. We have both a Lowe's and a Home Depot here in Puyallup, but no mom and pop hardware shops. I will check them out in person and give the welding shop a call as well.

One word of caution if you do ever intend to order these online; when shipping, they will ship these as hazardous cargo. I made this mistake several months ago when I had a hard time finding them in my local Home Depot stores and Lowes. I ordered from McMaster, which is very local to me. Ordinarily shipping from McMaster will cost me around $4 and it arrives the very next day. In this case, the O2 was $8, but the shipping cost me nearly $25. Since then, I have found a Home Depot near to where I work that carries them.

are those Left hand thread? I assume that a regular propane head would not fit it, what are some options to getting a cheap head for the bottles?

DaveT said:
are those Left hand thread? I assume that a regular propane head would not fit it, what are some options to getting a cheap head for the bottles?

Yep, they screw on by turning the bottle counter clock-wise.

I can't help you with getting a cheap head though. :D

got any smaller shops that would just order you a small box of them? Lowe's might be unwilling, but a smaller ACE or something should cater to your needs to keep you as a happy customer.

Back