when to enjoy which beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexbanner

Reaction score
I really think the situation plays a huge part in which beers I choose and how much I enjoy them. What are some of your favs?

Any Belgian strong--A fantastic meal. When I dine like a king, I want to drink beer like one. Nothing like a tulip glass of strong Belgian beer to compliment a memorable dining experience. Full of flavor, and doesn't fill you up too much. I like to keep things on the lighter side with a tripel or golden strong.

American strong ale or imperial stout--I really enjoy drinking some Bell's Expedition or Third Coast during the dead of winter. These hearty beers fill you with liquid warmth, and always put me in a jolly mood. Could have something to do with the staggering ABV.

Yep - I do enjoy some good beers. Situational? Hmmm - maybe not so much at work...but I could be talked into it...

Situation:
first beer - nice APA
second beer - nice IPA
third beer - nice porter
fourth beer - RIS
fifth beer - back to the IPA - Pliney anyone?
sixth beer - ahh, who am I kidding...

I'm more of a seasonal drinker. In the Fall and Winter I tend to drink the heavier brews. In the Summer I enjoy a lot of lagers and some lighter ales. In real life though I drink whatever is on tap until it's gone. So I may just enjoy that imperial stout all the way into summer. Spring does not exist.

Latest posts

Back