What's your most useful project addition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianw58

Reaction score
What addition to a DIY brew project have you made that you find most useful? I'm not taking about a major component, like adding a pump. I'm talking about the little details that make your brew day better/easier/faster/more fun. Like an extra bend in a dip tube or a better way to protect your sight glass on your hot liquor vessel...

Show us pictures, if applicable, and tell us why it's so great.

I'll start off...

Since I finished my brew rig build this summer, I have brewed seven batches of beer on it. The brew days have been much easier and much more fun than the old days of turkey fryers and heavy lifting.

As I was firing up one of my burners with a push button battery igniter yesterday, I found I was so glad to have installed this. It makes life so much easier not having to fumble around with a lighter.

With a couple of smokers in the house, a separate liter is always going missing. Now that I don't smoke any more (5months yesterday), I don't have one on me at all times.

Here's the igniter I installed:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G7T93A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
A full port shut off valve for the working end of my garden hose. No more running to the spigot every time I need to turn the water on and off.

A Chill Wizard clone using PVC pipe and some small casters. I already had the pump and the 40-plate heat exchanger. The most simple thing I've added though was a squeegee on a 5ft long handle :)

DSC_0054.jpg

Back