What's your ideal drinking situation and what kind of beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
I was just thinking how much I love beer and how much better it is when you have a good time to enjoy it. When is your favorite time to drink and what do you like to drink?

Mine is cooking. Preferably cooking something that takes a really long time. Like in a slow cooker on a rainy day or smoking meat in the winter or summer. It's best done with friends around and the tunes cranked but it's still fun alone. All that time and nurturing the food, waiting in anticipation to consume it, and wondering what beer to crack next is where it's at for me.
I think my favorite beer for this occasion is a spicy dank IIPA/Imperial barrel aged stout in the winter, or a rye pale ale in the summer. Can't beat it! :ban:

Another good time is playing music with friends too. We all don't get together that often but having a jam sesh and throwing back some good brews is another great time. :rockin:

A Belgian Tripel with a single malt chaser at The Lodge at Pebble Beach after finishing the round of my life. That's ideal.

Surrounded by naked women who are all also drinking my homebrew and loving it. They also dote over my genius of brewing skills (which are still in infancy, btw), and constantly state that they want to , and try to, have future babies. Of course, the club is legally selling said homebrew at decent prices like crazy, and everything everyone is happy. Also, my 1974 javelin amx would be parked outside ready to take some ladies home. ;)

Surrounded by naked women who are all also drinking my homebrew and loving it. They also dote over my genius of brewing skills (which are still in infancy, btw), and constantly state that they want to , and try to, have future babies. Of course, the club is legally selling said homebrew at decent prices like crazy, and everything everyone is happy. Also, my 1974 javelin amx would be parked outside ready to take some ladies home. ;)

This, as long as SWMBO doesn't find out....

Now back in reality.. on my deck on a hot summer saturday afternoon with an IPA overlooking the canyon behind my house with SWMBO and kids hanging out.

OR

At my campsite in yosemite with my homebrew sharing it with buddies BSing over a campfire after a day of hiking and fishing.

I like to drink alone or with someone.

I drink a lot of Hefeweizen - with Lemon if I have a slice.

An Ice Cold IPA is hard to beat too..

78° outside, partly cloudy, playing hooky on an idle Friday, Sitting in my zero gravity lounger next to/near my grill that has some beef short ribs going low and slow, smoking a San Lotano oval, a couple good friends over, sipping an easy drinking lager, pilsner, or ale.

...Or 2 for 1 Coors pitchers a janky tittie-club.

This, as long as SWMBO doesn't find out....

Now back in reality.. on my deck on a hot summer saturday afternoon with an IPA overlooking the canyon behind my house with SWMBO and kids hanging out.

OR

At my campsite in yosemite with my homebrew sharing it with buddies BSing over a campfire after a day of hiking and fishing.

Well, I'm a single father with custody of my heathen lol. Every now and then I can find a sitter for the evening lol. But when I do, I can't afford to do much, so I sit at home drinking homebrew by myself thinking about the aforementioned scenario. I have a good time. :)

78° outside, partly cloudy, playing hooky on an idle Friday, Sitting in my zero gravity lounger next to/near my grill that has some beef short ribs going low and slow, smoking a San Lotano oval, a couple good friends over, sipping an easy drinking lager, pilsner, or ale.

...Or 2 for 1 Coors pitchers a janky tittie-club.

Whoohoo to both!

Ideal would be me, my wife, my best friends, Eddie Vedder (who would be my best friend if we ever met, I'm sure of it) and Jesus all having several brews in my favorite place in the world ( special place outside Glacier National Park ) around a fire after spending several days backpacking thru the park.

One of my favorites is in the summer, good IPA on the back deck around lunch time with the wife while the kids are running around in the yard.

The other is in the winter any beer with the wife while the kids are taking their afternoon nap.

For some reason both of those are relaxing to me.

In summer and early autumn, during the day, I love to hangout at my camp on my dock (during the day) with friends, old or new, and/or family drinking my American Wheat Ale; or, at night, around the outdoor fire, drinking my American IPA. Oh, the stories (sometimes lies!) that are told!
In cooler to cold weather (like now) I like the darker beers that I make (my American Brown Ale or my American Coffee Bourbon Stout) shared down in my man cave, or while brewing, with my closest bubs.

On a hot summer evening after bush hogging the field, drinking a homebrew, a hot chick sitting on my dock, with Eddie Vedder giving me a thumbs up, while drinking homebrew from a backpack sitting around a fire.

OK - I believed you until the car. there's no way you're fitting a bunch of naked ladies into a Javelin AMX. It's a 2-seater.

Well, I'm a single father with custody of my heathen lol. Every now and then I can find a sitter for the evening lol. But when I do, I can't afford to do much, so I sit at home drinking homebrew by myself thinking about the aforementioned scenario. I have a good time. :)

I gave two scenarios.. one is my dream scenario, and one is my default scenario.. you figure out which is which... (and that's not counting the quoted scenario LOL)

OK - I believed you until the car. there's no way you're fitting a bunch of naked ladies into a Javelin AMX. It's a 2-seater.

1971 and afterwards it was a 4-5 seater, depending on the ladies sizes, it was a "javelin ", AMX package. Has rounded front wheel humps. Sexy car, bud. :)

Sounds fun, was this in kama sutra?

Not sure! Let me check. ... no its not, but I can have a footnote added. I taught vatsysyana everything he knows, after all.

But alas, it only means a long day working in the field. .. seriously, I wasn't going for perverse with that one lol.

In the early seventies, my dad had a Javelin (not AMX). Loved that car. His was pre-wheel well humps. Sexy, and fast, car!

Good friends. Good conversation. Good food. Good music. Good homebrew. fin

My dream would be something like that, but I'd be in my own brewpub here in Wuhan (man's gotta dream), the beer wouldn't technically be homebrew anymore, and (why not?) the music would be my old college roommate rockin' some virtuoso blues-rock-fusion guitar solos up on stage. The beer? Probably a 4% ABV session version of my "I Can't Believe It's Not Bitter IPA" so I could keep it going all night without any regrets in the morning.

I do, also, enjoy throwing back a few pub brews when my bubs, and I, put out some music. Me on mouth harp, or banjo. My bubs I guitar, mandolin, guitar or bass.

Fishing with family and friends

+1

A day at the beach with two lines in the water and a cold 12-pack sitting in the cooler is how I want to spend just about every day of retirement.

My dream retirement would be to own a beachfront cottage in the Outer Banks with a 1BBL system on the ground level and plenty of friends to help me consume the fruits of my labors.

One of my little joys in life is chopping vegetables for stir fry while listening to a podcast and drinking some homebrew. That's my happy place.

And of course I have to drink several high ABV beers when the MIL is around :ban:

Sitting on the back porch, having a picking party with my buddies along with our wives, while cooking something on the grill. This is not a dream but it doesn't happen as often as I would like it to.

Also, one of favorite activities is brewing some beer while also playing guitar or mandolin with my buddy Sean playing the fiddle. All the time while drinking something I previously brewed.

Sitting in rocking chairs on a porch in late summer talking with Alton Brown about food and drinking an assortment of delicious beers and eating avacado and sardine sandwiches.

some good ideas here! Being at work right now I'd take most of these scenarios! :tank:

Current favorite is drinking pretty much any beer while sitting around the fire pit with my wife and some good friends.

Soon to be new favorite... picking my daughter up from daycare after work, getting home, grabbing a beer, and watching my daughter play with the dog in the yard in the spring/summer. I feel like this would pair well with a tripel.

Really nice early fall day..... high 60's/low 70's. Sun. No wind. Sitting out on the screened in porch, listening to the water from our backyard pond. Wife, our 2 pugs and maybe a couple friends. Drinking something good (probably an APA, Amber, porter or maybe a german lager), relaxing and talking smart.

pond.jpg

That first beer on a friday afternoon which signals the start of the weekend.
Currently Black Dogs kiwi unleashed APA or one of my own

Right now, the way things are going this very minute... any beer, anywhere, because it would mean I am not here at work.

Otherwise for me, a cool night sitting outside as the sun sets over the river. A crisp IPA and a couple buddies. Thats all I need. Get me the funk out of here.

When we were young, my brother had a 68-69 AMX 4 speed with the 343 small block. Cool car for cruising/street racing. Reminds me of Wally Booth (P/SS). Sitting with my #1 multi-handicapped son on friday at 6pm drinkin' home brew & watching Bonanza. Or Star Trek on Saturday with some New Yankee Workshop or This Old House thrown in as well.
Or in warm weather, sittin' outside pit barbecuing a chunk of something & drinkin' home brew. Using home brew as a base for the mop sauce as well. Or barbecuing something low-n-slow in the pit while brewing & drinkin' home brew. Getting the beer in the fermenter right before dinner is ready. Now that's a reward! :mug:

When we were young, my brother had a 68-69 AMX 4 speed with the 343 small block. Cool car for cruising/street racing. Reminds me of Wally Booth (P/SS). Sitting with my #1 multi-handicapped son on friday at 6pm drinkin' home brew & watching Bonanza. Or Star Trek on Saturday with some New Yankee Workshop or This Old House thrown in as well.
Or in warm weather, sittin' outside pit barbecuing a chunk of something & drinkin' home brew. Using home brew as a base for the mop sauce as well. Or barbecuing something low-n-slow in the pit while brewing & drinkin' home brew. Getting the beer in the fermenter right before dinner is ready. Now that's a reward! :mug:

I have a 78 401 amc motor. I'm waiting to find a javelin with decent body, and motor blown. For cheap. since ideal was in the header, ideal is with a completed javelin amx lol.

I like watching college sports on my 110" screen with the homebrew. And that's what a do several nights a week . . .

I love sitting around a bonfire in the fall/winter or on the deck in the warmer months. Any beer will do. As long as its nice outside and friends are around, its like a sore penis... you cant beat it.

Latest posts

Back