What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenfidy clone. tomorrow will be one week and im going to add two medium toasted oak spirals that ive had soaking in bourbon for a week.
also planned to pour a few ounces of that bourbon in too.
bad idea??

I have what is turning into my house APA base recipe with late and dry hop additions of AU Topaz which i've never tried before.

I also worked on an autumn ale recipe with Simcoe and Stella hops, high mash temp (156), some darker grains. Going for some toasted bread/biscuit and piney hop dankness with a full palate.

Posted anywhere?

I may have overstated, it's just a gold medal in a club competition, and it's a session, so the competition it won was a Pale Ale. If everyone wants the recipe though I'll make a thread in the recipe section. It's good enough that I've brewed it as a true pale ale, a session IPA, a legit 7.3% IPA and did them all as double batches...which all ran out far too soon. There's lots of great IPA recipes out there, but if you guys want a thread for it, say the word.

I'm already picturing sitting by the fireplace on a snowy December night, sipping on my 3rd snifter of this beer... :cross:

I don't have a fireplace and very few snowy December nights here in KY, but it would be good anyway, I'm sure :rockin:

1-Kiss Yer Cousin Kentucky Rye
2-Black Pearl Porter
3-Yooper's Oatmeal Stout
4-Nut Brown Ale
5-Left Hand Milk Stout Clone
6-Revvy's Old Bog Road Brown Ale
7-BM's OktoberFAST

I hadn't brewed since July 4th and my pipeline was pretty much dry, so I've brewed 7 beers since 9/1, I just got my 3rd fermentation fridge up and running this week.

I really want to make a swarzbier and an RIS, but I wanted to get my keezer (7 keg capacity) full again first. Plus it will be easier to chill to lager pitching temps when the ground water is colder. I still don't have a wort recirc pump :(

2 gallons of pumpkin pie mead, fermented in a pumpkin. :) Six experimental batches of rice wine.

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

- Bourbon-oak aged imperial stout
- Flanders Red
- Sour brown with wild yeast and Hill Farmstead juicy dregs
- Brett fermented APA
- Sour stout
- Wet hopped IPA
- Quad with brett L
- Ithaca Brute inspired sour

I've got 5 gallons of Beirmuncher's Nierra Sevada, 5 gallons of what should finish 11.8% Belgian Dark Strong Ale & a 5 gallon batch of Apfelwein!

Bulk grains arrive this week -- a porter, pale ale and wit need to be brewed by the end of the month!

Got a blackberry wine and a bluberry pyment in my brewpots for a week. Not my fermenters. This counts though,although not exactly my fermenters-because they are my boilpots,garsh darn it! My mom? Your face? Whats up? Me loco? You no comprende? You like it silky-smooth? No comprende'? Que' Pasa? Ala-what the hell..?

Got a blackberry wine and a bluberry pyment in my brewpots for a week. Not my fermenters. This counts though,although not exactly my fermenters-because they are my boilpots,garsh darn it! My mom? Your face? Whats up? Me loco? You no comprende? You like it silky-smooth? No comprende'? Que' Pasa? Ala-what the hell..?
So, are you going to admit that you've been drinking a bit of green dragon? :D

Brewed a 5g batch of Sweet Potato Spiced Ale yesterday, with lactose and vanilla (at bottling) for that marshmallow topping flavor. :drunk:

I think there is a gallon of trub in there though.

Wort smelled dead on, tasted it too.

Got a blackberry wine and a bluberry pyment in my brewpots for a week. Not my fermenters. This counts though,although not exactly my fermenters-because they are my boilpots,garsh darn it!

If there is something that is fermenting, then the thing that it is fermenting in is a fermenter. I've fermented an Anchor Steam clone in a brewpot with a sheet thrown over it to simulate the open fermenters that they use(d). I'm never doing that again.

Anyway, I'm just finishing up the lagering phase for an Oktoberfest, have a Brett American Barleywine and a Chocolate Foreign Extra Stout bubbling away, and two style-be-damned sours coming along nicely.

Conical: 10 gallons of hefeweizen with WLP 300(I think), 5 gallons of wheat beer(same wort) with Kolsch yeast as an experiment.

Is that your picture? Google the British series: Shameless. You and the protagonist are doppelgangers. You should call the experimental beer doppelganger too, btw.

Anyone seen my ritalin? LOL

Not sure when I posted in this thread last, but in the cellar I've got the same 10 carboys of aging wilds plus a wild quad & another batch of lamebic. Lagering I have a biere de garde and 'biere de creme' (cream ale BdG hybrid). In the fermentation chamber I've got a monster biere de noel, OG 1.100 and I'm thinking about adding some sugar to the fermenter.

The Cougar Country IPA I pitched on Sunday afternoon is finishing Initial fermentation While The Maori IPA re-brew I pitched on a lil bit ago is in reproductive phase longer than the previous one. Oh well,Se'st la vie'...

Back