What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chocolate stout.

Cooper's Original Series Stout kit
1kg Dark DME
250gr Chocolate malt
6ish heaping tablespoons of Cocoa
2-3 tablespoons of lactose (leftover from previous brew)
10-20ml Chocolate extract
2 7gr packages of Cooper's yeast

Steeped the chocolate malt at around 155f for a half hour. Pulled the grain, added the lactose/cocoa and brought the whole mess up to boiling for five minutes. Add chocolate wort, DME and Cooper's Stout concentrate to fermenter and top up to 21 litres with cold water. Final temp around 19C. Sprinkle both packs of yeast and stick the fermenter in fermentation chamber set to 18C +/- 0.5C.

Will add 10-20ml of chocolate extract (to be determined) along with the priming solution on bottling day.

I've used a pretty similar recipe a couple of times in the past, but not recently, and have enjoyed the results.

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde, with a few of ounces of leftover Rye thrown in...and some additional hops so I wouldn't have extra of that laying around, oh and substituted a pound of leftover Pilsner. Dang, guess I didn't really brew that beer after all...
Whatever it turns out to be, the Notty is doin' it's thing.

5 gals Belgian double
5 gals Zombie Dust clone
1 gal Moscotto (sp) 1st attempt at wine

5 gals of dry stout to be brewed this weekend

Second batch of Arrogant Bastard clone - this is my "back by popular demand" batch since the first one went so fast. Next up: Coffee Oatmeal Stout before the weather turns more towards weissbier!

10 g honey weisse w two different yeasts, T-58 in one bucket, Munich in the other.
5 g coffee porter w Windsor.

10 gallons Todd The Axeman IPA clone at high krausen and 10 gallons Denny's Wry Smile Rye IPA finishing

Bier de Garde farmhouse ale. OG 1.078. Its been percolating for a week. My first all grain (BIAB) batch. I am looking forward to tasting the difference (if any) between previous (extract) brews and this one.

Primary:
1) Basic ***** blonde ale (WLP029)

2) Basic ***** blonde ale (WLP810)

3) Triple Berry Mead

4) Sour Brown / Oud Bruin

5) Honey Lime Tequila-barrel Sour

Secondary:

5) Belgian golden strong w Brett & French oak / red wine / rose hips

6) Tart Wit w/ fresh orange zest / hibiscus / fresh OJ

7) Colonel Flanders Red w/ cherries / molasses / French oak
(Rye Kentucky Common recipe fermented with Flanders ale yeast/bugs)

Brewing 10 gal of Barleywine next week and I'm going to sour the parti-gyle batch. Can't wait!

I just added two 1 gallon batches of kombucha to my fermentation chamber since the house seems to be a little to cold yet. I now have an Ode Bruin (15 months), Kriek (15 months), 10 gallons Dennys Wry, 10 gallons Todd The Axe Man and then the kombucha.

Cherry stout, Pinot Grigio, and sour kraut ;)

image.jpeg

I just brewed a 5 gallon batch of a pale ale that I pitched brett-c into as the sole fermenter. I'm hoping it brings out some good fruity aromas.

I have 10 gal of Airedale Amarillo SMaSh and another 10 of Hannie's Summer Wheat cold crashing for kegging on Monday. Next up is 10 gal of porter with half aged on vanilla beans and the other half on cocoa nibs. Contemplating a Kolch, too.

A honey hibiscus wit. Putting the hibiscus flowers in during the final stage of the boil turned the wort brilliant purple! I'm stoked!!

Rye IPA brewed this morning. East coast heatwave today making me find a cooler spot to ferment

Back