What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I have a dry stout that will soon be aged on 4oz medium oak that has been soaking in Makers Mark for 6 months. Should be ready just in time for the holidays.

just bottled (last night) a new creation. basic 2 row + flaked wheat, 30 ibu hop shot, finished with 1 oz citra, added Brewers best strawberry (4 oz) right when bottling... curious on how it will turn out.

one week left in primary: "dark" pale ale.

10 gallons of American brown ale .5 with us-05 and 5 with 0001 Cali ale .I really do like to split my batches up.

5 gallons of imperial stout. Currently at 11.5%. I'm calling it KTFO stout. I am going to put into two 2.5 torpedo kegs I just got. I'm adding bourbon soaked oak to one.

I kegged an Irish red yesterday, and all the fermenters are empty :-(

Just kegged an IPA that I brewed while excavation was occurring in my back yard. Oatmeal stout in fermenter, but done fermenting. Just resting / cleaning self up.

Have a Belgian style Golden Ale in primary right now, once that hits the right gravity, straight into bottles. When the primary is finally freed up, I have an IPA recipe I came up with and hope to brew by the last week in October.

5 1/2 gallons of a CitMo IPA, 6 1/2 gallons of Waning Summer (grapefruit) IPA, 3 gallons of Juicy Wheat IPA!!! The trouble is, nothing in the keggerator! Will be fixed soon though...

Monday afternoon I brewed a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe, a Hobknocker Dark English Ale from Jaspers. It's a Hobgoblin Dark English Ale clone. I've never tried the original but it sounded good so I thought, why not?

Mulberry Melomel, Chilean merlot, and cyser in secondary. Oh, and a apple pear cider that tasted like a rubber bung... Haven't sampled that one in months hoping time helps.

• Red Rye IPA cold crashing now
  • Imperial Stout being transferred to secondary today (two carboys - one will get bourbon soaked oak chips)
  • New England Style IPA on day three of fermentation - time for first dry hop!

Checked the gravity on my Belgian golden tonight, down to 1.020 from 1.070. Been in primary for four weeks now. This was a partial mash recipe so now I'm debating bottling this weekend or waiting a while longer to see if it gets any lower. Used wyeast 1388. Think it may be done due to the extract used, but not sure.

A Jameson stout and a red rye going to 2ndary this weekend ... :beard:
Bottling 6.5 Gals Dortmunder when i get home ...

A 6 gallon batch of cider with juiced Granny Smith apples and 6 Bosc pears just for good measure, and oh yeah, 20 cans of FAJC.

A collaboration recipe with my mentor we are calling White Trailer Trash. 8lbs ESB 2 row, 6 lbs white wheat, and .5oz Amarillo at 90, 60, 45, 30, 15, 10, and flameout. Don't know yet if I will dry hop, waiting to see how it tastes after primary fermentation is finished. Using Wyeast 3522 Belgian as that is what we had on hand. Should be interesting!

An original IPA recipe with warrior bitter hops, amarillo, cascade and citra flavor and aroma hops.

I just dry hopped today with 1oz each of cascade and citra, I may do the other oz Tuesday

Back