What's a good Summer beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Zac

Reaction score
I wanna have a good batch of beer for summer so i figured i'd brew it now and let it sit about 6-7 months. I know everyone has different tastes but what have you all enjoyed on a hot summer day? I really like the Honey Moon that blue moon puts out every summer so something similar would be great. any and all suggestions are appreciated!

A honey wheat beer would be best enjoyed at about a month old. A half year is overkill for a style like that. Most summer beers are light, effervescent, dry, and refreshing. A Berliner weisse would be a good style that is refreshing and needs aging. Mmmm maybe I should get going with that...

RIS? Haha, I kid, I kid. A basic blonde ale or some variant of a wheat ale both work for me on a hot summer day.

Agreed, blonde ales are my favorite on a hot summer day... Well actually water is, but the beer for night time lol.

Really anything to the extent of Hoegaarden... Blue Moon tends to be too sweet for me personally, annnd it's made by Coors... Sooo...

I really like Kolsch for the summer. Personally I'm not into wit or Hef so I stick with Kolsch or lager. Although lighter body IPA's are also great

All of these are good suggestions. But the best suggestion is to not bother brewing it now, wait until summer. You want this beer fresh!

never had a honey moon, but I would recommend BierMunchers cream of 3 crops cream ale. Finishes super clear, the wife and neighbors all like it.

I'll be stocking my fermenters with IIPA, IPA, APA, and probably an citrus wheat or two, and I'll probably start them all mid spring.

Really anything to the extent of Hoegaarden... Blue Moon tends to be too sweet for me personally, annnd it's made by Coors... Sooo...

Hoegaarden is owned by AB/InBev...

Anyway, I'm planning on making a watermelon wheat! Woot!

Hoegaarden is owned by AB/InBev...

Anyway, I'm planning on making a watermelon wheat! Woot!

Yes... Yes it is. AB/InBev isn't Molson/Coors... Blue Moon was designed by Molson/Coors, where Hoegaarden was simply baught out by AB/InBev... Not designed by them.

Not sure where you were going with that but, none the less :mug:

Latest posts

Back