What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity sample of my Session IPA yesterday. This morning finally working through the last of my backlog of 30-odd cases of bottles needing cleaning/delabeling.

Today I built a 5 gal mash tun so I can start brewing partial mashes. Currently it is sitting full of warm water to check for leaks.

I actually had a fairly busy beer day. Kegged 2 beers and got them carbonated up. Transferred another to secondary. Drove to My LHBS to get a couple gaskets for my keg (wasn't holding a seal) and also ended up buying 2 more kegs as reserves. Fixed my beer line cleaner. I was planning on brewing tonight as well but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I also drank about 5 pints of my latest home brews, an liberty ale clone and a red rye ipa. Both came out good.

Ruined a batch! Well discovered a batch that's ruined. You see, the airlock is bone dry, so it must be wrecked.

Well actually I'm RDWHAHBing right now, after filling it back up.

Bought a Saison Dupont, to try something new. I'll see about saving the dregs.

Today I bought the ingredients for my next brew on Saturday and got the yeast starter started.

Woke up at 5 am so I could bring in the 10Gallons of wort that was cooling outside overnight, drag it into the basement then rehydrate and pitch yeast.
:)

I must say the smell of fresh wort in the morning may just be better than coffee.
:tank:

I'm finishing up my hefe that I started last night. I did the mash, then my and my fiancee got into an argument over silly wedding stuff, and by the time we were done there, I just left it in mash overnight, to finish this morning.

I think I'll call this beer Wedding Bliss Hefeweizen.

I checked the BJCP website for the much anticipated release of the new 2015 standards.. they havent been updated yet :(

Adventuresinhomebrewing.com has wyeast and whitelabs yeast on sale for $5 one day only. Other good sales too...

Moved my yeast starter to the fridge so it can cold crash and get ready for the next stage........kinda boring actually, but it needs to get done.

Woke up today expecting one. Ended the night with two View attachment 268411

I got the call from a friend at the local shop today that it came in and to send my fiancee to grab some. She scored me two today. :) I scored 4 yesterday while running around for my work, but it wasn't easy to obtain.

Attachments

• 1428025576082.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 98
Went to my other property to retrieve an old fridge, which i intend om burrying underground as a second fermenting fridge so i have 2 different temprature fermenting fridges!!!! Lagets and ales!!!!

Brewed one of my two favorite beers that I brew, my house Ordinary Bitter (clocks in at about 3.1% ABV). I'll be top cropping from this one to rebrew the other of the two on Saturday, my house Mild, at about 2.7% ABV. Also going to top crop from the Bitter into my house ESB on Saturday. Yep, it's that time of year.

Worked on my keezer. It works fine, but I am just making upgrades. Today I added new beer lines and a bottle cap opener. Tomorrow, I hope to clean the keg that I kicked while doing said upgrades.

First thing I've done in 3 weeks for beer.... I put the Scooter Honey Ale in a keg with my new auto siphon. I used ~1/2 in tubing and it was awesome! I drained the carboy in like 2 minutes. Now on to brew day #4 maybe Saturday if school will allow it.

Working on a corona grain mill build today. Can't finish it until my wife gets home with the dremel.

image.jpg

Back