What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning a keg that kicked, putting away all the hoses I used and cleaned yesterday after drying, kegging my Amarillo Pale Ale, general cleanup of my brewery.

Bottled my Lawnmowing beer, a bit strong though.. 6.3%abv got 63 bottles out of it. Can't wait to try it out in 2 weeks

Racked 6 gal of Oat stout, to a couple of 3 gal cornies. Thinking of adding something special to one of 'em. Probably Bourbon, and Oak cubes. It would be a first, for me.

Added the second dry hop to my DIPA. Columbus boil, Galaxy hopstand and Citra dry hop. It smells amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I need to bottle whats left in one of the kegs so I can get it kegged next weekend after cold crashing.

Lightly scrubbed & emptied cleaner out of one of my fermenters after dumping the old cleaner I'd been delabeling & soaking my bottles in to finish cleaning bottles I'd emptied the hard way. Should have all that finished up in awhile. Now if the weather would cooperate, I could clean my intake.

Drove up to Black Bottle to take advantage of half off growler refills... grabbed their "Rescue Me" Irish Blonde and their "Social Insecurity" Belgian Session. Hey, it's related to home brew... I consider it research to get ideas for future home brews. That Irish Blonde is fantastic!!!

I also cleaned and de-labeled 2.5 cases of bottles.

I don't know why, but that is the single task in homebrewing that I absolutely DESPISE. Fortunately, I have enough stock built up that I don't have to do it as much anymore.

2.5 cases at once would have had me leering like Hannibal Lecter, making jokes about fava beans and chianti.

I moved my spare refrigerator from the storage building to the garage. I am starting to keg again, so I figure I need the kegerator nearby. Maybe I will be happier with my kegging results this time.

Finally got the last batch of bottles in the bucket of PBW to soak. Now I just gotta get some help cleaning the car's intake...

I don't know why, but that is the single task in homebrewing that I absolutely DESPISE. Fortunately, I have enough stock built up that I don't have to do it as much anymore.

2.5 cases at once would have had me leering like Hannibal Lecter, making jokes about fava beans and chianti.

I used to feel the same, so now I just let PBW do it for me. And if it's one of those plastic labels with the adhesive that doesn't desolve, that just goes straight to the recycling bin and I avoid that brand of beer in the future unless it's REALLY good.

Finished the main work on this little number. Just waiting on the STCs to arrive now.

chamber01-65196.jpg

Finished it off a couple days ago and don't remember claiming that I finished this off.

20150324_221007-65363.jpg

Today I put labels on 2 cases of Irish Ale and now I am kicking around the idea of putting a mash tun together so that I can start to do partial mashes.

Split an order of hops to take half to a friend tomorrow.

Watched my gose sit on a heating pad for a while. Sniffed the airlocks more than once.

Bought 6 gallons of water for the ginger belgian triple. Thought about actually brewing it but having worked on grad skool all weekend I said FU@K it and just bought some beer to post up with at the in house watering hole.

Kegged my Dusseldorf Altbier and a cider and stopped to fill a growler because a local liquor store has a keg of a really nice IPA from a Madison brewery. Go Badgers!

Created an inventory spreadsheet for my grains/ hops/ & yeast I currently have. Then I got busy adding both a brewing equipment and recipe database sheet to it. Can I remember to subtract from the list when I brew?

Last night: bottled Caramel Amber Ale 1.2 after a five day dry hop with 50 grams of whole cone Summer. SG dropped from 2.1 to 1.0 Plato from dry hop at day 8 to bottling at day 13, so I'm a bit worried about an infection (little bit of scum around the pre-boiled hop bags), but I only primed to 1.7 volumes, so hopefully they won't blow even if there are some bugs in there.

Today: brewed Last Hop Standing APA, using about 2/3 of my remaining vacuum-sealed hops, counting the dry hop I'll be adding in a week or so. Should have four pounds of new hops vac-sealed in my freezer by the time this one goes into the bottles.

Back