What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my starter going for my "Strong, Dark & Stoopid" Belgian Dark Strong. Brew day is Monday.

What im doing now getting 4 cases of bombers lined up for 10 gallons of bottling tomorrow. I dont know why i keep bottling. Need to just get a beer gun and use my kegs.

image-109550792.jpg

Bought three pounds of whole hops (one each of Cascade, Centennial, and Magnum). Seller is clearing out room for the 2013 crop so 2012 hops are on sale.

I brewed my second batch of beer. English Nut Brown Ale recipe from my LHBS. I even had a friend come over and be a willing assistant...I'm sure the offer of free beer didn't sway their opinion at all. :)

Brewed a Hoptimum Clone late last night, looking to brew a Centennial IPA clone today, I'm ready to brew, but something tells me that if I start crushing grain right now, my family would collectively evict me...LOL

DIrtyOldDuck, would you care to share your source for Hops? I like when I hear that someone is clearing out stock!

Bought some chardonel grapes to make a wild starter with, getting another better bottle shortly, then brewing a 6 gallon batch of bíere de garde meets cream ale.

Heating up strike water for my first 10 gallon brew. My brown ale. Half will be normal and half will have coconut and cacao nibs added

Brewed what we're calling Stingy Jack - A Pumpkin Porter.

Bubbling away nicely...

Now to make another starter and my weekend of brewing can continue with NB's SMaSH on labor day

Bottled my second batch of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, also dropped off my entry in my first ever homebrew competition (The Pacific Brewers' Cup, category 15A).

Served 2 cases of my IPA and 2.5 cases of my brazilian pepper honey Dicken's Cider today at Brewfest. The highlights being the guys from Funky Buddha saying my Rhubarb Sour could medal in comp, the SN reps saying they loved my IPA and cider, and a lot of people telling me my cider was the best they've had and asking where to buy it.

Mozart said:
Bottled my second batch of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, also dropped off my entry in my first ever homebrew competition (The Pacific Brewers' Cup, category 15A).

Good luck

Brewed Belgian Tripel IPA. Now keeping swampcooler colder than norm b/c couldn't get wort as cool as wanted (mid-upper 70's)

Kegged BOTH of my Pale Ales. And went to celebrate with a draft, and my keg went dry!

Placed an order for a Corona mill and a foodsaver vacuum sealer with a mason jar attachment.

I'm joining the ranks of bulk ingredient buyers! :rockin:

Pretty soon, I'll be able to buy bulk grain and hops and have the equipment to store the hops and crush the grains. Just in time for the fresh hop harvest. :D

Heating up strike water for my first 10 gallon brew. My brown ale. Half will be normal and half will have coconut and cacao nibs added

I'm looking forward to 10 gallon batches, someday, for this exact reason. I'd love to be able to mess with different additions and even yeasts, just to compare.

Oh well... maybe some day...

Bottled my blueberry rhubarb saison. The samples taste pretty good so far. Nice and tart, rhubarb flavor comes through, with good color from the blueberries.

image-2720292899.jpg

Dumped about 2 1/2 gallons of spotted cow in the garden. Just so many off flavors from up n down fermentation temps. I wanted to be able to drink it all. I have enough other beers that it will not be missed...at all.

Condolences, wirenut. A sad tale indeed. :mug:

I roused some sleepy yeast, and received my new brewkettle lid from UPS. It's all falling into place for my next brewhaha.

Kegged BOTH of my Pale Ales. And went to celebrate with a draft, and my keg went dry!
You must drink pretty fast them. :tank:
Bottled my blueberry rhubarb saison. The samples taste pretty good so far. Nice and tart, rhubarb flavor comes through, with good color from the blueberries.
So, extremely clean test jar? Or, extremely full?
Dumped about 2 1/2 gallons of spotted cow in the garden. Just so many off flavors from up n down fermentation temps. I wanted to be able to drink it all. I have enough other beers that it will not be missed...at all.
Now, a moment of silence for Yellowirenut's spotted cow. May it rest in pieces.

Not today, but last weekend. I bought a piece of miniature aluminum luggage to use as a project box for my DIY stir plate. I got that from a second hand place for 3.50. I've got almost everything now.

Researching what my buddy needs to start brewing so he knows what to ask for for Christmas. My 2nd conversion!

mcbaumannerb said:
Going to my first brew club meeting. Hoping Bruclear is a good place to hang out with some fellow brewers!

That's awesome! One of the best things I ever did for beer was joining the local club. Every month I get to sample a dozen other brewers creations. Every month I get feedback on something I made. People talk about how valuable feedback is from competition entries, but we have BJCP judges in our club. It is much more valuable to me to sit down with them and talk about beer.

As a bonus, clubs are usually the first place beerfest's go to get volunteers. I love being able to educate while I pour, then sample a few great craft beers for myself.

Went on vacation in Puerto Rico, and found a local brew shop. Bought a couple of Pyrex 2.5g carboys for cheap and an ipa kit. Happy me!

I decided to brew a simple blonde ale tonight, since I don't have to work until late tomorrow night. I also had a few beers while mashing in.
Also watching the best movie (miniseries) ever made while waiting for the wort to chill (Band of Brothers).

Attached a co2 cartridge to my first ever tap a draft to force carb it; ordered ingredients for a porter to brew this weekend for a competition on Halloween!

Back