What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wired up my STC- 2000 to my new kegerator. Then after a brief fruitless online search I spent an unsuccessful hour turning the shed upside down looking for the instructions to set the compressor delay. Eventually found the instructions inside.

Glad I saved 2$ getting the 2000 instead of the 1000

:pipe:

I pondered ordering some @bottlemark bottlecaps to have shipped to a relative in the states to have them save me to cost of shipping. And then wondered how close to their trip I can wait to order in hopes of a wild discount code suddenly appearing.

Cleaning: 3 carboys, a coffee keg that I accidentally carbonated(dont do that), and a keg of IPA that just kicked, draft lines. Debating whether i should brew an esb today, but i'd be kind of forced to start fermentation at 68 and ramp to 71 over next 3-4 days due to an IPA schedule i'm trying to hurry along. Suggestions?

ordered up the new fancy bluetooth controller for my grainfather... for uh science yeah thats it.

I just like shiny things :(

Piddlefarted around here for a while, then got to thinking of what to brew this weekend. Found my Dead Guy Clone recipe on my work computer and decided on that, will be the third one of that series. Will do that on Saturday night with a couple of variations. Now I have 5 (yes FIVE) kegs and need to get them filled up!!

Kegged a rye IPA (all Citra hops) on Monday. Hit it with 35 psi which I bled and set at 11 psi this morning. Going pull a pint tonight to check the carb level and decide how many more days it should sit before drinking regularly.

Purchased some Vienna and Munich (5# each) and a lb each of C60, victory and biscuit malts. Also got 4oz each of warrior and comet hops.

Woop woop!

ElectricHopCandy.jpg

I brewed a New England IPA today, that I'm calling "Electric Hop Candy".

Should be tasty!

Kal

Nope. The fridges we can be set from 39 to 64F, allowing a wide variety of beers to be produced from lagers to ales without any additional modifications. Actual wort temp may be as much as 4 degrees higher.

(See my ferment and package page for more details and breakdown of how I use the fridges).

Kal

Bottled my 2nd batch of beer. Basically the "Wit de Nit" recipe from Randy Mosher's Mastering Homebrew. I tasted a little of it and it reminded me of the Hoegaarden beer; the flavor is "funny" although not bad and I imagine it is the one typical of belgian yeasts (not too familiar with them yet).

And I'm green with envy at Kal's brewing setup.

Brewed up a 5 gallon batch of a Mosaic/2-Row SMaSH while working from home. I've been using 2-row from a local maltster and it is ridiculously good so I couldn't bring myself to add any specialty malts to the beer.

Thought I would test my IPA tonight that I kegged last weekend. Would have helped if I remembered to turn the co2 back on after purging! Don't know why I closed the valve.

Tasted the beer with vanilla, after 5 days the vanilla is weak it might get another week to strengthen!:mug:

I simply bought beer helping to feed perhaps 1000+ people who work in the 7 breweries represented in my two mixed 6 packs as well as those involved in distribution, shipping, farmers who grew the raw materials, miners who collected the ore to produce aluminum cans and bottle caps, pigment suppliers who delivered pigment to ink companies for printing labels, loggers and tree farmers who supplied the wood that became paper at the mill for labels and holders. There are so many more also most obvious being the beer store owner and employees, their landlord and even the mm hmm taxman.

Sorry, the power of economies to deliver sustenance and wealth via mutual cooperation inspires me. Simply buying such a simple product literally impacts 1000s of people in meaningful positive ways.

Racked my Centennial Hash IPA to secondary using my new love2brew CO2 transfer system and dry hopped w/ 1 oz hash. Cleaned both carboys & transfer equipment.
Put my Hibernation clone on tap.

Brewed 10gals chocolate stout. Cleaned, re-plumbed stuff that was likely fine the way it was...lol

Bottled 11 gallons of my house ale(Strong Bitter). Weighed grain,hops, and water additions for another batch to be made when I get up. Friends who hate ales love it so I need to keep it in the pipeline. Later this week I am trying an experimental Belgian Strong Golden since I have a spare fermenter I can tuck away for awhile. This time of year my pantry hovers around 62-65 degrees so perfect ale fermenting space!

Kegged a Pilsner from my Chronical but like an idiot, I had the dip tube turned the wrong way and missed 1/2G of beer above the yeast. Oh well. Brew and learn. Its always something!

Back