What hops to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARV9673

Reaction score
So, my second ever batch is in the secondary. (can of Munton Brown ale LME/ bag of Munton amber DME mix) I tasted it at the time of the switch over and its already better than the first bacth is NOW, after ageing about 6 weeks. I definitely had some temp issues the first time. But.... The brown ale is, well, a little boring. I mean, I know its not done yet and I know it's flat, but still, it needs a little something on the front end. It's all smooth goodness and after taste at this point. I'd love to do this style again and add some hops for a little extra soemthing. Any suggestions?

david_42 said:
Dry hop with 1/2 oz. of fuggles or east kent goldings.
Just so I'm clear, Dry hopping is adding dry hops into the primary, not during the boiling, correct? And thanks for the reply!

It's been in the secondary for a about 5 days now. I could still add it? couldn't hurt it right? Wow, I sound like a helpless little kitten, huh? If I can find some this weekend, I'll add it and let it set and extra day in the secondary. Thanks again.

Dry hop for a week. The extra time in the clearing tank won't hurt the batch, nor will it extend (or reduce) the time to drinking (AKA aging)

OK, thanks. We're now dry hopping in the secondary with 0.5 oz of Fuggles hops. Operation Second Batch is well on its way.

Latest posts

Back