What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is too cool! Really glad it treated you well!! I love seeing my sticks make it to unexpected places

@Whut sent a few my way.

This one was split so I'm trimmed off a bit. I'm not an aficionado but I'm getting big leather and white oak from this. Again, excellent.

IMAG2761.jpg

@Whut sent a few my way.

This one was split so I'm trimmed off a bit. I'm not an aficionado but I'm getting big leather and white oak from this. Again, excellent.

Awesome!! That's a personal favorite blend there.

I'll be happy to help them show up in more unexpected places! 😆

I have been known to ship internationally, would love to get some Hooligans in your hands. Am picking up a 54rg mold tonight I'm excited to break in even though 44rg is my personal preference

Enjoyed this last night with a buddy. Normally I have a really high tolerance, but this one kicked my arse. Amazing construction and flavor though

That's my go to golf cigar. Saka makes cigars that creep up on me. I just recently bought some TLD's and felt 2/3's of the way thru it wasn't that strong. Then the final third hit me. I love the aroma of those TLD's.

I'm new to the cigar hobby. I was wondering if ya'll could recommend a good beer pairing with an Acid Kuba Kuba or an Acid Blondie? It needs to be a beer widely distributed. We don't have a deep selection in the part of Alabama that I'm from.

I'm new to the cigar hobby. I was wondering if ya'll could recommend a good beer pairing with an Acid Kuba Kuba or an Acid Blondie? It needs to be a beer widely distributed. We don't have a deep selection in the part of Alabama that I'm from.

Are you wanting something that compliments the aromatics and sweetness of those cigars, or contrasts with it to accentuate the differences in flavors?

I've found that both work well, but it depends on the mood.

Are you wanting something that compliments the aromatics and sweetness of those cigars, or contrasts with it to accentuate the differences in flavors?

I'm not sure. Maybe you could recommend a beer for each compliments and contrast. I honestly don't know what I am doing. Last night I had to watch a video an youtube about hoe to smoke a cigar. I've seen this thread on here pop up in the newest threads feed and it got me curious. With that being said I am a total noob to cigars so I'm look to your experience to guide me.

I'm not sure. Maybe you could recommend a beer for each compliments and contrast. I honestly don't know what I am doing. Last night I had to watch a video an youtube about hoe to smoke a cigar. I've seen this thread on here pop up in the newest threads feed and it got me curious. With that being said I am a total noob to cigars so I'm look to your experience to guide me.

Depends entirely on your tastes but, I find that either a fruity/aromatic pale ale or hefe/wit works to compliment the botanical aromatics and sweetness ( I usually go for something higher in bitterness to not make the combo become cloying) or go to the opposite end for a deep roasted stout.

I find I prefer the former combo in summer months and the latter in the colder months.

Belgians can work too, IMO, so long as the flavor notes lean on bready/clove and not sweet/banana.

I'm with @sprouthog, my suggestion, while not what was asked, would be get a L'atelier Identité (naturally sweet) and a balanced porter or barrel aged stout for the highest level of enjoyment but that's for my tastes and might not necessarily be best for your tastes.

This just landed at the shop, I'm digging it

View attachment 1507860730339.jpg

I'm with @sprouthog, my suggestion, while not what was asked, would be get a L'atelier Identité (naturally sweet) and a balanced porter or barrel aged stout for the highest level of enjoyment but that's for my tastes and might not necessarily be best for your tastes.

I didn't know that those cigars where infused with something? I Googled cigar shops around my area and the place I went to only carried Acid cigars. I love porters, stouts, brown ale, old ale, barley wine, and Scottish ale so cigars that pair well with those styles would be right up my alley. I might have to venture out a little further to find a L'atelier Identité. thanks for the recommendation.

Awesome!! That's a personal favorite blend there.

I have been known to ship internationally, would love to get some Hooligans in your hands. Am picking up a 54rg mold tonight I'm excited to break in even though 44rg is my personal preference

Cool.

Sometimes Customs is a hassle with cigars, but I will see who is going to the States soon and is willing to be my mule. 😆

Cool.

Sometimes Customs is a hassle with cigars, but I will see who is going to the States soon and is willing to be my mule. 😆

I don't ship cigars international, I ship "handmade candles" and it seems to work pretty well 😁

Back