What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's about where mine are at most of the time. I rarely try and track them or even try and figure when they will show. I just keep in the back of my head that I ordered "SOMETHING" and when they arrive its like Christmas. LOL

Cheers
Jay

That's about where mine are at most of the time. I rarely try and track them or even try and figure when they will show. I just keep in the back of my head that I ordered "SOMETHING" and when they arrive its like Christmas. LOL

Cheers
Jay

I am compelled to track as I do not have things delivered to my door at home. Too many punk kids in my neighbor hood and I am on the bus route. Lost some packages to idle hands because they were easy pickens sitting on porch waiting for me to get home.

Now I have everything delivered to my workplace. Most stuff come directly to me but if it ships via USPS it goes to a mail room where it can sit for a few days before it get routed unless I just go pick it up.

Hey, would you be interested in telling me a little bit more about rolling your own cigars, how expensive it is to get started, where I could find supplies, how long it takes from leaf to smoke....pretty much an intro into that hobby? This is something I've seen you post on several times and it just keeps getting my interest every time I see a hand rolled cigar.

Not sure if it would be completely inappropriate to use this thread otherwise maybe you can OP a thread for anyone who might be interested and has questions specific to rolling rather than smoking? Completely, up to you on how much you want to share about the topic just and idea.

I suggest a pre-blended starter kit from wholeleaftobacco.com. The sticks you can roll at home can be enjoyed within a week (I've even smoked some right off the rolling table), but they are best if you can wait two months or more. Apart from leaf all you really need is a surface like a cutting board to roll on and something to cut wrapper leaf with (a pizza cutter works well). Check out Fairtradetobacco.com for how to threads and videos and feel free to message me with any questions you have.

I suggest a pre-blended starter kit from wholeleaftobacco.com. The sticks you can roll at home can be enjoyed within a week (I've even smoked some right off the rolling table), but they are best if you can wait two months or more. Apart from leaf all you really need is a surface like a cutting board to roll on and something to cut wrapper leaf with (a pizza cutter works well). Check out Fairtradetobacco.com for how to threads and videos and feel free to message me with any questions you have.

Thanks for the advice im going to order the Terroso Profundo kit.

Also, we have a whole sub-forum on botl.org ;)

This was alright, nuts and earth, but got spicy and strong towards the end, not something i expect in cc's

View attachment 1490365777949.jpg

Picked up another 50 custom rolled 4x60s today!

Hope to let some of them age for a while...

That is such a good smoke!

Thanks again buddy!

Cheers
Jay

OMGRUM.jpg

The loss of the original thread name does not bother me, but the loss of all that history just sucks. Is there no way we can recover or reload the original thread?

Agreed, I just logged in for the first time in over a year to look at one of my previous posts in the old thread. I have been so busy with the expanding family the past two years that I haven't had much time to do the things I enjoy. I had posted a pic of an awesome smoke (only purchased one stick 5 years ago) that I can't remember anything about it except how freaking good it was.

Damn, Monty Petit #2 A/T at $115 a box....I'm still waiting on my PL Montecarlos to show so a wee bit nervous on pulling the trigger on two boxes. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!! :beard:

Well, I found out today where 1 box of my order is. Not sure which box, and not sure where the other 2 are. But I am fairly sure someone in Miami CBP will be enjoying a box of cigars that I will never see. :(

That is such a good smoke!

Thanks again buddy!

Cheers
Jay

De nada.

Hiked up Volcan Baru this week. Short trail, but brutal altitude gain (about 6K feet over 6km). Meant to take my Stogie Toy with me for a shot a the summit...but forgot it. :(

You're killing me...we're heading in a few weeks for some much needed R & R & Rum & Cigars :mug:

Still waiting on either a CBP letter or two boxes of PL

It was a damn good time. We're probably gonna go back this summer with the kids for a long weekend just to get away for a bit again.

Latest posts

Back