What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4271.jpg

Refilled the glass of wine. Not my go-to with a cigar, but I’m enjoying it tonight. Definitely an interesting pairing.

Happy Father’s Day to any fathers out there.

What you think of that? I enjoyed it at a Dunbarton dinner. Had some problems with the burn but the rest was really good. Saka and the reps were all smoking them and then they gave me a couple at the end of dinner.

And a Sombremesa that was sitting in my locker for a week on the course.
IMG_20190623_184503.jpeg

What you think of that? I enjoyed it at a Dunbarton dinner. Had some problems with the burn but the rest was really good. Saka and the reps were all smoking them and then they gave me a couple at the end of dinner.

And a Sombremesa that was sitting in my locker for a week on the course.View attachment 632726

Right in my wheelhouse. Strong maduro. It’s obvious he likes strong cigars. I find many of his maduros to be tweeted lp9s but different enough to stand on there own merits. I’ve enjoyed everything he’s put out. Haven’t tried the $100 cigar as on yet. Think I read somewhere he’s got another new Marcia coming with a strong but a conn wrapper.
IMG_4326.jpg

Right in my wheelhouse. Strong maduro. It’s obvious he likes strong cigars. I find many of his maduros to be tweeted lp9s but different enough to stand on there own merits. I’ve enjoyed everything he’s put out. Haven’t tried the $100 cigar as on yet. Think I read somewhere he’s got another new Marcia coming with a strong but a conn wrapper.
View attachment 632915

Thanks for the notice to go buy this year’s LC.

I found a small box of Te Amo cigars I bought at the duty free coming back from my honeymoon in Mexico two years ago. They were in my old humidor, but it doesn't seal that well and I'm sure the beads dried out long, long ago.

They're definitely dry now, but not crumbling and still have a decent scent. They were all cello wrapped as well. Worth it to try to slowly bring them back up to humidity?

I found a small box of Te Amo cigars I bought at the duty free coming back from my honeymoon in Mexico two years ago. They were in my old humidor, but it doesn't seal that well and I'm sure the beads dried out long, long ago.

They're definitely dry now, but not crumbling and still have a decent scent. They were all cello wrapped as well. Worth it to try to slowly bring them back up to humidity?

As long as they're not damaged, definitely worth it. May not get much out of it, but definitely worth the try to make it happen I think.

Latest posts

Back