What do you do with all your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink it just fast enough to keep my pipeline moving.

Since I don't brew that much...there's no real chance of me drinking too much.

Stand back, BM is going to get struck by lightening. Shut down your computers and unplug all appliances. Don't take a shower or answer the phone.

The couple threads about how many fermenters going at once some of you guys have got me thinking, what in the hell are these guys doing with all that beer? I think one primary and one secondary going at any time would be more than enough for any person to drink. So, are you guys giving tons of it away to friends, having parties all the time, drinking your ass off, or just storing it and you always have a large cache of brew?

Usually storing it so we have it for friends and family.

You're on!!! But since you're calling us out why dont you man up and pack up your 6 kegs and bring them up here to cloudy Ohio? I'm sure you're about sick of the weather down there in FL anyways...

huhuhuh lolz! :D

I already did my time in OH, Youngstown to be specific, and that's quite enough for me:cross:

One thing that I haven't noticed come up (I only skimmed over some of the posts so forgive me if someone already mentioned it) is that I know of quite a few people that are more seasonal brewers in the warmer states. Meaning they may hit it hard brewing through the winter and into the spring when it's cooler to build up a stock to get them through the winter because for some odd reason they don't enjoy standing next to 5-10+ gallons of boiling liquid when it's 100 degrees outside. Personally, I think they're weak! But then again, I'm small time and brew in my air conditioned apartment in the summer, so call it what you will.

It's a good point and one I have considered, not because I'm weak and scared of boiling hot liquid in the boiling hot sun, but due to the fact that it's hard keeping the fermentation temps down that time of year. Because of the heat and humidity in Houston, there is no way I can get my AC down low enough to do the job 24/7 without going bankrupt and causing an nation-wide energy shortage to boot. I do the swamp cooler thing but I learned that in the summer time you have to tend to it constantly to keep it at a reasonable temp. I'm sure I will try to keep brewing year round, but I may back off a bit from July - September. I will definitely need to squirrel some away if I do.

Dennis

It's a good point and one I have considered, not because I'm weak and scared of boiling hot liquid in the boiling hot sun, but due to the fact that it's hard keeping the fermentation temps down that time of year. Because of the heat and humidity in Houston, there is no way I can get my AC down low enough to do the job 24/7 without going bankrupt and causing an nation-wide energy shortage to boot. I do the swamp cooler thing but I learned that in the summer time you have to tend to it constantly to keep it at a reasonable temp. I'm sure I will try to keep brewing year round, but I may back off a bit from July - September. I will definitely need to squirrel some away if I do.

Dennis

About $30 buys you an igloo cube cooler and a piece of styrofoam as a custom lid. That allows for ideal ale fermentations in the middle of Florida during the time of the living dead (i.e. March through October, when room temperatures rarely drop much below 80 degrees with the AC on) with two frozen 12-oz water bottles a day sitting in a water bath. If it works in Florida, it'll work in Texas.
Plus you can go multi-purpose and build a mash tun out of it, too.

I already did my time in OH, Youngstown to be specific, and that's quite enough for me:cross:

Hey, stop knocking my hometown! But, the only decent beer I found in all of Youngstown wasn't in Youngstown at all. It was in Sharon, PA and this past winter they had Sierra Nevada Celebration on tap. Good beer, but not as good as homebrew!

Hey, stop knocking my hometown! But, the only decent beer I found in all of Youngstown wasn't in Youngstown at all. It was in Sharon, PA and this past winter they had Sierra Nevada Celebration on tap. Good beer, but not as good as homebrew!

Nothing AT ALL wrong with great lakes brewing. They are good people, and the only commercial beer welcome at my wedding, which was at the Buhl Mansion in Sharon, PA!

This thread was interesting, and despite the crazy question that started it, i just saw 30 min fly by in seconds lol. And yeah i drink mine too and my friend who wont buy a damn kit but drinks my HB's helps me, he can drink my initial 7 brews but hes getting limited on my IIPA that im bottling Sunday :) Oh and im one of them guys that only brews 5 gallons at a time but someday i hope to have 10-15 on hand at a time.

I never succeeded into having a pipeline going without having it run dry in between batches, i have 2 plastic primaries and 2 glass carboy, and...
I drink it alone...

Yeaaaah! with nobody else...
You know when i drink alone...
I prefer to be by myseeeeelf!! :ban:

well.... sometimes with a few chosen friends that know how to appreciate the stuff. :D

Well I Have 15 Gallon or more all the time Bottled/Kegged ! Just to give a example how it goes. short story here. I Had a buddy over he tried the Home brew then Liked it so much he became part of the obsession we are all in! Got him all set up and we ended up getting another buddy involved. we had a brew night a week ago. 1 corny and a few other assorted bottles gone by 3 of us in one night! Needless to say the one buddy got drove home in his own car! :cross:

I give a lot out to friends... two-three six packs.... it's just fun to spread the beer wealth so to speak. During the summer we always have 8-10 neighbors over several times a week. The beer and wine goes real fast then. My wife has several direct sales businesses and she is always throwing parties... one is Slumber Parties, Inc.

Yep drinkin' and sharin'...that's what we do!

I only drink maybe 6 beers a week... maybe 10 if it's a good week, so I give out more than I drink... but I also only do one batch at a time..... mostly because I can't afford to brew more than once or twice a month..... so sad...so very very sad...

As has been said before, 40 pints isn't really that many when fight night has a half dozen guys over. We also host the holiday parties for our offices and always have a few beer drinkers holding the bar stools from floating away. :D

2693193090_4ccc57bc53.jpg

I have 6 roommates, and we tend to throw parties. This past party I went through 3.5 kegs. I'm almost out of brew! I'll be brewing every day this week, Hopefully.

B

It was in Sharon, PA and this past winter they had Sierra Nevada Celebration on tap. Good beer, but not as good as homebrew!

Where was that? The Lube?

I drink most of my beer, but also give some away to friends. SWMBO drinks one occasionally, but not much. I've been trying to keep the pipeline moving, as I'm currently supplementing with good commercial brews. Just bought a third fermenter and filled it with 5 gals. this morning. Now I have 15 gals. in the pipeline and should be closer to drinking mostly homebrew in a few weeks. Just in time for barbecue season!

This is what my brew room looked like not long ago:

Mead_017.jpg

That was during my push to get my pipeline filled. Now I generally have 2 or 3 carboys going at a time. I drink almost all of the beer I brew, with the exception of some shared at brew club meetings. It really doesnt last that long when you drink a few every night.

My beer usually tastes cruddy no mater how much time I give it, lol. I'm working very hard on this challenge. I have a friend that will drink anything I put in front of him. So the home brew that I cant choke down I put in front of him. It all goes.

impressive. I need to brew a 5 gal while my bottles condition. SWMBO thinks i spend too much on the obession but i end up buying crafts at a store and spending ALOT more than a homebrew kit. Go figure

I drink all I can and share the rest!! I moved up to 10 gallon batches and still cant get a good pipe line going.. Just purchased a 2 keg setup and an extra 4 kegs on the way.. I will hopefully get that pipeline going where I can actually drink matured beer.

I'm a college student and live in a house full of 7 dudes, I know, why would you do that to yourself? But we go through so much beer about 10 gallons a week. I try to brew twice a week but usually run out of carboys. A keg last about 2-3 days in this place. It is sad to see it go so fast some times.

I drink a lot. Give away a lot. Pary a lot. I still have 20+ kegs in my basement ready to be consumed. Plus I have about 30 gallons aging and fermenting right now. I have had to slow down my brewing because i'm running out of room and kegs.

This thread just proves that I need better friends.

Maybe you just need to become an alcoholic :D

I still have 20+ kegs in my basement ready to be consumed. Plus I have about 30 gallons aging and fermenting right now. I have had to slow down my brewing because i'm running out of room and kegs.

Wanna trade 2 empty kegs for 2 full ones?
:mug:

I drink a lot. Give away a lot. Pary a lot. I still have 20+ kegs in my basement ready to be consumed. Plus I have about 30 gallons aging and fermenting right now. I have had to slow down my brewing because i'm running out of room and kegs.

Damn I'm Jealous.:drunk:

I drink and share it, like the other folks. However, I do not drink an average of 2-3 beers each day. It's not that I don't like to drink beer, mind you, but beer has a lot of dadgum calories in it (as Homercidal mentioned). I just don't like to work out that much, and I don't want to wear size 88 pants.

TL

I have 5 of 7 carboys filled right now, and my 5-tap kegerator filled. I need to move up my drinking to keep up. Any idea what vitamins I need to add to my beer so I can give up lunch? :cross:

Back