What do they make in your town?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
So people make some pretty cool stuff here in Milwaukee.

Harley-Davidson
Bucyrus-Erie (which literally dug the Panama Canal), recently acquired by Caterpillar
Johnson Controls (so your A419 comes from here)
Miller beer
And I'll be darned, Perlick faucets are made up on the north side of town.

Yesterday I was in my home town about 30 minutes south, which is the home of SC Johnson, Case tractors and InSinkErator.

What do they make in your town?

ETA: Oh yeah! Master Lock is here in Milwaukee too.

Rochester Garbage Plates! We have a bunch of breweries, not only in close proximity of the city but stretching down the wine trails of the finger lakes in western NY making beers, but only a few are really making quality beers. The whole micro brewery explosion has really diluted what would be considered a good micro brewed beer out here, and I would blame the "uninformed" (for lack of a better term) consumers more than the breweries themselves. Going to the micro brewery is the new hopping through the wine trail thing out here. Honestly those breweries positioned on the wine trails could make sub par beers and still succeed just because of their location

Rochester Garbage Plates!

So how is good old Nick Tahou's these days? We moved out of Fairport back in '92 and haven't been back since. Ever go to Sal's Birdland for wings? Used to get them once in a while after a night of imbibing, kinda miss them.

A local company used to publish Penthouse magazine. I don't think they do anymore. A friend's dad used to work there back in the 80's and would bring home copies when they published it. Pretty neat when you're 10.

Tombstone Pizza. There is also a couple of national/international window and door makers, DOD contractor, dairy, and many small businesses. Probably not the mink capital of the world anymore but still going strong.

Rochester Garbage Plates! We have a bunch of breweries, not only in close proximity of the city but stretching down the wine trails of the finger lakes in western NY making beers, but only a few are really making quality beers. The whole micro brewery explosion has really diluted what would be considered a good micro brewed beer out here, and I would blame the "uninformed" (for lack of a better term) consumers more than the breweries themselves. Going to the micro brewery is the new hopping through the wine trail thing out here. Honestly those breweries positioned on the wine trails could make sub par beers and still succeed just because of their location
This is interesting. We have a house on Keuka Lake and were thinking of doing a bus tour this summer of the breweries...Care to go into a little more detail of whats good and bad.

Covidien medical products (gauze 2x2s, 4x4s, etc). Via coffee powder for Starbucks, EZGo golf carts, Kellog's crackers, Boral bricks, Solo (Dart) cups, Bridgestone tires, to name a few larger ones...

Pliny The Elder and the rest of Russian Rivers beers, Bear Republic's beers, about 90% of the country's best wines...all SonomaCounty!

Semi Fab Electronics LAMLON HPS, Thermo King Control units for semi reefers and NUTS:) Fastenal.

Lagunitas
101 North
Kala Ukuleles
Mesa Boogie Amps
Clover Milk
Three Twins Ice Cream
Camelback

All in Petaluma!

M & M's, Twix, Duracell C and D batteries, stoves, washers, dryers, three piece suits and blazers, polarfleece, couches and upholstered furniture, coal plant scrubbers, and newsprint paper.

Lots of traffic violations
Edit: and apparently TRUMP pence signs, still...

Lived a few different places in colorado

Loveland
Stamps on valentines day letters
Metal art sculptures

Ft Collins
Mj duh
Beer
Teledyne waterpik

Boulder
Mj duh
Avery
Celestial seasoning tea
Mj umm did i already cover that
Hipppies
Ibm

Denver
Weed duh
Tough shed
Chipotle
Mj umm got this covered
Beer coors
Ball aero
Frontier airlines
Eagle claw hooks
Qdoba

Thought of another one: Remember these? Little Golden Books were a creation of my hometown, Racine, WI. I'm pretty sure they're made someplace else now, but for 60 or so years they were printed at a big factory right around the corner from the Case Tractors HQ.

515kZ8iesBL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thought of another one: Remember these? Little Golden Books were a creation of my hometown, Racine, WI. I'm pretty sure they're made someplace else now, but for 60 or so years they were printed at a big factory right around the corner from the Case Tractors HQ.

515kZ8iesBL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I even had that very book.

The company I work for here manufactures hydrogen fuel cells, converting LNG to electricity. There are a lot of smaller precision manufacturing and associated special process places here in town and throughout Connecticut, supporting a huge aerospace industry throughout the state - Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton (now UTAS), and Sikorsky, mainly.

Latest posts

Back