What Did You Get For Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManifesto

Reaction score
I got a sleeping bag, Brew Like a Monk, Nature's Garden and Hunt Gather Cook (books on foraging in the wilderness) a knife sharpener, a canning set, a screwdriver set, a flashlight and candy bar ;)

What did you get?

not much - I sent my wife a list of beer goodies - hops, oxygen kit, etc - she opened the email today after not seeing it in her inbox and it was corrupted in some way.......sad.

so, I bought myself Battlefield 3, a beautiful Nikon DSLR, and an as$load of hops....as well as an aeration kit.

merry four days after xmas to me.

I should note that we only decided to do anything for xmas a few days before - so I can't really fault her.

Ferm wrap, ranco digi temp controller, laser thermometer, laser level, thermowell.
Oh yeah, and a barley crusher.

not much - I sent my wife a list of beer goodies - hops, oxygen kit, etc - she opened the email today after not seeing it in her inbox and it was corrupted in some way.......sad.

so, I bought myself Battlefield 3, a beautiful Nikon DSLR, and an as$load of hops....as well as an aeration kit.

merry four days after xmas to me.

I should note that we only decided to do anything for xmas a few days before - so I can't really fault her.

my lady and me didn't do anything last year so i feel ya. i'm not really a "presents" kind of guy, i've moved so many times that things are just stuff. still though, it was nice to get some cool things.

My misses let me pick out a new carboy which now means that imperial can sit for a few months while I brew through some other batches!

I didn't get anything. Well.... I suppose that's not entirely true. The GF and I decided to go to Mexico instead of exchanging gifts. We got back the 23rd. Her parents gave us a combined gift - an 18 quart electric roaster. We've been wanting one for the past few months, but couldn't justify buying one. Apparently they heard us talking about it at some point. And I'll be visiting my parents with the chirrens this weekend, so I'm sure I'll get something from them.

I got a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee! Well, the timing is more coincidence than anything. I had wanted to get another year or so out of my previous car, but that wasn't in the stars when I took it into the shop. $4000 worth of repairs and maintenance on a car not worth much more than that, no thank you! Now I am a little sad that if I had gotten another year out of it I might have been able to push for an SRT8, but it is what it is, and I still love my new car.

I got a Hanna pHep 5 pH meter, a Periodic Table of Beer T-Shirt, an "Expressions of Vader" T-Shirt, The Weird Al concert DVD, Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG (World of Warcraft in the SW universe!), and last night a friend from downstate dropped off a mini-keg of his homemade IPA AND a CO2 cartridge adapter and stuff to add it to a mini-keg.

3 copies of this new book.

image-1774861248.jpg

A new humidor for the stogies and a travel humidor. A couple blank autograph balls to take with me New Years Day when the 49ers are gonna stomp the dust out of the Rams. A pair of Levi's and a shirt. A new pair of work shoes. A fish fryer......and assorted other knick-knacks. Looking back at that list, I must have been a very good boy in 2011.

Yay me!!!

A couple shirts, a huge sample pack of blades for my safety razor, some truck parts, a bourbon decanter and stones, some music, and a pair of Perlick 575SS faucets and stainless steel shanks.

My birthday is a couple days before Christmas, and I got a sweet propane burner and a circular saw for that. Then for Christmas SWMBO's parents, brother and sister all chipped in and got me a VERY generous gift certificate to use for the purchase of a smoker. That's gonna be awesome.

Then there's some Packers stuff, a Han Solo action figure (that's right) and a framed vintage Huey Lewis & The News "Sports" record. Long story about that one.

A shiny new March pump, stainless cam locks and silicone tubing, a gift card to Northern Brewer (not my first choice, but I will find something that's not overpriced!)

Bought myself a double propane burner. I was a bit nervous about it but it arrived yesterday and the thing is SOLID. Two 54,000 BTU burners, solid construction, needle valves for each burner, windscreen - and only 89 bucks on Amazon.

Now I just need to mount the pump somehow. Considering either a toolbox mount or just mounting it to one of the burner legs and building a shield for it.

My wifey paid a Puerto Rican hooker to slide a line of coke up my butt with her finger......Or not, the facts are a little hazy.

However, when I woke up I did find a very VERY nice engraved beer glass from my son in law!! :D

42qt Brew pot, Chillzilla wortwizard combo, all grain wheat kit, all grain Christmas ale kit

My wife and our four daughters and I have all been in Dallas, Texas since Christmas Day...so we really haven't "done" Christmas yet! I did receive a lovely gift from my son-in-law, in ADDITION to our new grandson: a set of EIGHT 16 oz beer mugs! There are still wrapped presents under our tree back home in northern Illinois. I'm sure we'll get to them in a few days.

glenn514 :mug:

Lets see, gifts to me from me consisted of a 30 gallon conical, (plastic), another Johnson temp controller for the 30 gal ferm chamber, from others, jeans, sweaters, cologne, my sister that cleans my house gave me a years supply of garbage bags and paper towels.
Oh well, life is good!

The Mrs. got me a new large capacity shopvac and slop sink for the garage. Two awsome gifts. Can't wait to install the sink and clean my equipment in the garage. Brewing started in the kitchen, then to garage. I have to say, I prefer the garage.

The wifey got me a nice North Face jacket and a corny so I can finally keg, and my buddy got me these awesome etched imperial pint glasses.

ForumRunner_20111230_001306.jpg

My wifey paid a Puerto Rican hooker to slide a line of coke up my butt with her finger......Or not, the facts are a little hazy.

However, when I woke up I did find a very VERY nice engraved beer glass from my son in law!! :D

Pictures or....a yeah, never mind I believe you, really I do.

I had an awesome christmas

Flyers winter classic jersey and signed print of Reggie Leach
Copy of 200 Commercial Clone Recipes
2 Pilsner glasses from the Airforce base in Okinawa
42" Wifi TV

I had made some less than subtle hints about potential presents, but alas, it all came to naught. Not that I didn't get some nice stuff, but other than a set of Pilsner glasses nothing beer related. When asked about it I was told, "If you want anything for brewing you can just go out and buy it".

Me thinks she doesn't fully appreciate the potential consequences of those words...........

I was reminded that the world can take everything away.
And that the sight of a long lost painting -- returns it all.

Thanks to my great aunt and uncle for helping me come back home.
it's been a long time.

This year actually was quite amazing. The girlfriend got me a coat from h&m and a 46 inch tv. I also got skyrim, a pair of skiing gloves, a tshirt from my favorite bar, a new laptop, 4 tap keg setup, a few dvds and some other odds and ends. Christmas still isn't over yet. I still have to goto my moms house then my dads house.

Oh yeah!! Just got an iPad from dad!!!! now do I wanna spend the $5 to get BeerAlchemy even though I have the iPhone app?? Wish it were the same app.

Chefencore said:
Oh yeah!! Just got an iPad from dad!!!! now do I wanna spend the $5 to get BeerAlchemy even though I have the iPhone app?? Wish it were the same app.

Ugh...seems ridiculous to charge for a single-platform version. Been debating whether its worth risking dropping my iPad while brewing over having BA available on it.

Back