What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my wife's goto fish sauce
fish-sauce-in-hand.jpg

That is 3 Crabs. I only use it for making kimchi and other veggie ferments.

Try RedBoat 40n or 50n. You will never look at another fish sauce again. It is the Cadillac of fish sauce. BliS is the only one better and its just Redboat aged in bourbon barrels for another 7 months.

Redboat is just anchovies and salt. Nothing else is added. New Town 60°N is also really really good and its cheaper than Redboat. It too is just anchovies, salt and some water.

Google up Pok Pok Wings. Absolute wing heaven with good fish sauce.

Vietnamese Phõ. SWMBO pressured cooked the whole chicken (only 35 mins!!!) and then we assembled the rest of the soup. Came out absolutely delectable!

Gorgeous!!!

Grow culantro or laksa instead of cilantro. Both are similar to cilantro. The laksa is great because its super slow to bolt outside a tropical climate and SUPER easy to clone.

Im getting ready to take more clones of mine and move them inside for the winter. Takes just a couple days for roots to form and be ready for a planter.

Sorry photo is sideways. Thanks Apple. I should not have to edit a photo that I took with my phone before I post it to a forum on my phone. Huff

Sunday smoked some butts (from frozen, a first), here is one cooling down to be shredded.

22219735_1473229389408772_8549829244967476899_o.jpg

and had the last of the Sungold tomatoes (orange cherry tomato) to eat up
22042020_1471346779597033_3122959894053679954_o.jpg

So on Tuesday, I filled the pan with red enchilada sauce, filled tortilla with bbq pork, topped with cheese and baked. Served with some guacamole (scallions, cilantro, lime juice, and Sungold tomatoes).

22179886_1473230192742025_2945217952430763907_o.jpg

+1

Curious if any trouble passing 140 in 4 hours with frozen.

I didn't probe it to find out. I did wrap in foil around the 3.5 hour. I also smoke in the 300-325 range. The first 1/2 inch was defrosted, however the two butts were still frozen together. When I foiled, they had shrunk enough to separate on their own.

Sunday smoked some butts (from frozen, a first), here is one cooling down to be shredded.

So on Tuesday, I filled the pan with red enchilada sauce, filled tortilla with bbq pork, topped with cheese and baked. Served with some guacamole (scallions, cilantro, lime juice, and Sungold tomatoes).

Assuming the enchilada was with the pork? How'd it turn out? I was just talking to my mil about doing smoked pork shoulder tamales for the annual Xmas Eve party.

Today was German-American day. Made some pretzels, simmered brats in beer and onions before grilling them, made applesauce, roasted a boneless porkloin, made gravy and mash, had some red cabbage from a couple weeks ago and sauerkraut. Brought this to share with friends including half a keg of HB Dunkelweizen. Life is good!

image.jpeg

Today was German-American day. Made some pretzels, simmered brats in beer and onions before grilling them, made applesauce, roasted a boneless porkloin, made gravy and mash, had some red cabbage from a couple weeks ago and sauerkraut. Brought this to share with friends including half a keg of HB Dunkelweizen. Life is good!

Wow - Making me drool into my beer.... Do you have pretzel recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing?

DANG, woman, those look AWESOME good! Nice work.

KOTC and I are planning a move so most of my "fun" kitchen toys - uh, I mean TOOLS - are in storage, or I'd be all over making some of those. Oh well, eventually I'll get all set up again in a new place.

Back