What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the double picture. App is doing strange things tonight, telling me I don’t have permission to post, making me log in again, etc.

Sorry again dammit. Not sure if it is the forum app or the crappy iPhone update. Guessing it is the Apple software, given all the other problems it is causing.

Looks great, I haven't cooked in a few days, because of travel. I'll see what tomorrow brings... I feel like I should eat salad, after St Louis BBQ, Ruth's Chris, and many great local craft beers.

Felt the urge last night, so I breaded some chicken and pan fried it and served with Rice-a-Roni (Had to use up those boxes!) and steamed some broccoli.

Pretty Quick and easy and used up some older ingredients. Family loved it.

The breaded chicken was pretty good, but I think it could work better as smaller pieces ala nuggets.

More spicy curry noodles with Thai chili paste, fish cakes, crab sticks, shallots and my homemade gochu/lumbre powder. Im still sweating a little.
39sEkXx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wok fans, you should check out this book. I'm working my way through it. Recipes are great, but the book itself is a quaint journey through oriental cooking with the author and her friends, most from various parts of the orient. I have the hardback, which has glossies all the way through, and is a nice book to hold and see.

Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Mastery, with Authentic Recipes and Stories

61JGuy0rznL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My tennis partner, who comes from Taiwan, laughed at me when I suggested a cookbook for wok cooking. I got called a round-eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i like mine slightly spicy so i would just swap the cayenne and tomato paste for a little sriracha. Probably use my Kewpie Mayo too.

Back