What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boulliabass with crispy skin garnish.

image.jpeg

Black and pinto bean chilli. Mix of ground chuck and ground pork. Jalapenos, Anaheim lumbre powder and poblanos from the garden. Starting it in a couple minutes.

This was supper last night. Butter crunch lettuce salad with onion, green bell pepper, and radish. Early September planting of radishes are coming along well with the cooler weather. Main course was chicken breast schnitzel and baked potatoes with garlic chives (not pictured).

resized897.jpg

resized895.jpg

Oh gawd. I have been CRAVING fried chicken. Bought some at Church's because NOBODY here fries it properly - they want to make "chicken fried chicken" which is a breaded flattened boneless chicken breast served with the same gravy you'd put on chicken fried steak. NOT what I want.

The Church's was barely acceptable. But THAT my friend, looks SCRUMPTIOUS! I guess I'm gonna have to break out the 12" cast iron chicken fryer and do it myself if I want it done right!

Oh gawd. I have been CRAVING fried chicken. Bought some at Church's because NOBODY here fries it properly - they want to make "chicken fried chicken" which is a breaded flattened boneless chicken breast served with the same gravy you'd put on chicken fried steak. NOT what I want.

The Church's was barely acceptable. But THAT my friend, looks SCRUMPTIOUS! I guess I'm gonna have to break out the 12" cast iron chicken fryer and do it myself if I want it done right!

Agreed! Fried chicken needs to be bone in, skin on thighs! :mug:

Breasts are ok only with skin on and bone in. Best served cold though with hot sauce :D

When it comes to hot fried chicken i will take drummies (not drumsticks) over any part of the chicken. Its like a cross between white and dark meat. Whole wings work fine for me too.

BTW, Church's around here has been nasty for YEARS. Popeyes, Porters or Hodacks are about the only ones worth buying. Some of the "dives" in the not so great parts of town also have killer fried chicken.

We have KFC or Church's. We both agreed that Church's wasn't as good as KFC. Not enough seasoning.

I will say, though, that the way in which they hacked up the chicken was interesting - the wings had HUGE chunks of breast meat attached to them!

Back