What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scampi style grilled shrimp over salad. Roasted red pepper dressing, and a HB IPA. Still summer.

image.jpeg

I love the simple recipes. I think I would be happy spending my whole life exploring 5 ingredients or less.

Spatchcock chicken, olive oil, garlic, salt and rosemary. Preheat the Mother of all cast iron pans to 500 and toss it in for 30 minutes turning it down to 450. Flip it over for another 10 minutes.

Best part is the crispy skin. Stock pot is now simmering with the remnants for soup in the next couple of days.

Beefy chicken too. I thought no one could beat mutant Purdue but found a family farm with great meat, raw dairy and funky cheese. Discovered after hiking a near by hill/mountain and reading about their ice cream to calorie reload:)

f823de6d36e9e9badeab24c10088b546.jpg

4770ec67d81ea716e33b3d315e09e26b.jpg

4524f663d2a2b3234de58e7b7a666784.jpg

Have not had time to catch up reading posts. Did this red potato dill potato salad for tonight.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504553729.625993.jpg

And just wrapped up these in foil to finish.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504553789.610921.jpg

Baked beans in the oven but no picture yet except for the red onion and red bell pepper doing the sauté in bacon fat that goes in them. Just cause it's pretty and smells so great!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504553881.428823.jpg

My wife made eggplant parmesean by frying eggplant slicese dipped in egg then italian panko crumbs in vegetable oil. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Layered with quality store bought sauce and mozzarella. Its good, and I will try to get a pic.

That's one of the better steak pictures I've seen on here. 2-3 minutes a side with heat like that?

Thanks! This was a thick one so a little longer on the first side. So 3-4 on the first side 2-3 on the flip side and a nice long rest

That is a beautiful looking plate hoppy2bmerry. That chicken looks nice and crisp. Here in Denver hot and spicey fried chicken is ubiquitous. Is it like that everywhere?

Leftoverlobster? Never heard of it before

I know! Hubby and I were at a clam bake fund raiser before the lobstah was served we had half a chicken corn clams etc. So, we're weren't really hungry when it was round two. Brought the claws home. Just the right amount of meat for the Mac n cheese and the lobster flavor went all through nicely. Will be having more of that with rotisserie chicken tonight.

image.jpg

That is a beautiful looking plate hoppy2bmerry. That chicken looks nice and crisp. Here in Denver hot and spicey fried chicken is ubiquitous. Is it like that everywhere?

Thanks, looks good enough to eat, anyway. The chicken is not spicy, though there is enough of that style available from the fast food joints. I like to finish it in the oven after frying to get that extra crisp coating

Back