What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asian-inspired appetizer 'dinner' tonight! California rolls, char siu bao, pot stickers, & chicken satay with peanut sauce.

IMG_20170819_193227_796.jpg

I am about to burn some weenies on the grill, but have ho-made frenched potatoes frying up "confit style" (slow & low until tender, then crisped up at high heat, and yes, I know that's not really confit) right now.

Just that.

Being fat tonight.

3/4-lb. patty with dried onion, coarse salt, ground black pepper grilled and topped with raw white onion, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, homemade smoked pulled pork, roasted jalapeño, bacon and guacamole; on buttered and grilled rolls.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503272423.177326.jpg

Being fat tonight.

3/4-lb. patty with dried onion, coarse salt, ground black pepper grilled and topped with raw white onion, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, homemade smoked pulled pork, roasted jalapeño, bacon and guacamole; on buttered and grilled rolls.

View attachment 411449

Dear lord, that's revolting. And yet I'm salivating. I bet it was delicious.

That looks really good. The batter looks very crispy and nice.

Thanks! I should have accompanied the beer with a splash of seltzer water. Could have used just a hair more "fluff". But Im just nitpicking. On the whole they were pretty stinkin good

@remmy
I want some nothing special for dinner. Beautiful as always. Would like to know more about the dumplings.

@hoppy2

Nice looking crust and inside on the steak. Curious about the tomato, is it dressed, cooked, or just a big beautiful slice. Is it a tradition or regional specialty?

@applescrap Just a beautiful slice of raw tomato, sometimes I'll add a drizzle of good balsamic, a small dollop of sour cream or just a little salt. I wouldn't call it a tradition, but when the garden is producing fresh is best. I eat tomato sandwiches too. And, thanks for the compliment on the cook of the steak, I can tell you it was tasty, tender and juicy.

image.jpeg

@applescrap Just a beautiful slice of raw tomato, sometimes I'll add a drizzle of good balsamic, a small dollop of sour cream or just a little salt. I wouldn't call it a tradition, but when the garden is producing fresh is best. I eat tomato sandwiches too. And, thanks for the compliment on the cook of the steak, I can tell you it was tasty, tender and juicy.
Good food doesn't always require a kitchen filled with cooking vessels and utensils. Nor does it demand an elegant presentation. A tomato sandwich - simplicity at its finest, and sooo damn good.

Homemade Mofongo, mixed with bacon and fresh garlic.

I simmered some coconut milk and added black pepper, salt and Thai green curry to the mixture before adding fresh shrimp.

Topped it with a fresh parsley, cilantro, fresh garlic and olive oil mixture. Smacked.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503792420.506960.jpg

Back