What craft beer do you secretly despise?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kept hearing about it and figured it must be good. Since i could not get any, i brewed 10 gallons of it. I can't look a chinook hop without thinking yuck and I live 15 miles from Stone.

Stone does not make my favorite beers but I do like visiting the brewery, for the food, and atmosphere.

+1

Great advertising. Nasty beer.

For me, I think IPA's are overrated. I enjoy some of them but many are so 1 dimensional that it is hard to appreciate them.

This. I love IPAs but I hate when I goto a place and this is the majority of their craft beer selection... When I lived in TX, HEB had this issue.

Yeah... sours. More for everybody else, none for me thanks.

I'll keep trying sours 'till I can understand what all the fuss is about but from the limited selection I've had so far they taste like starters.

I'll keep trying sours 'till I can understand what all the fuss is about but from the limited selection I've had so far they taste like starters.

That's my philosophy too. I never liked IPAs either until one day I did. I've found a few sours that I could see being good in the right circumstances, but nothing that really made the light bulb come on like "ok, I get it now."

Keep trying them, I feel like that this is a category that has a huge variety in tasting profile compared to other "categories".

Magic Hat. Not because of how it tastes but because they harassed a new local brewery because they said their label was too similar (which it wasn't even close). Apparently it wasn't their first time doing this sort of this either. Haven't had as much as a sip of Magic Hat since.

Me either. But to be fair--I'm not a huge fan of W6th. I just don't care for their business philosophy and their "we're going to save the world paying it forward" thing when in fact they are making more $$ then they know what to do with. LOVE their Black IPA but it's seasonal. Just my $0.02.

You've reminded me of something I never understood, aged bigfoot. The whole point of an american barleywine is that big hop character. Why age them into a oxidized mess. I love that beer fresh. Way better than side by sides i've done with aged ones.

Have to disagree. Oxidation in bigfoot takes on a woody and sherry characteristic. Bigfoot is fantastic after 7 years. I do 6 year verticals and usually the aged 3-years and 6-year tie as the best. Don't get me wrong, fresh is awesome too. I am drinking at least a 4 pack a week of that stuff right now.

Hm well I ended up drinking the Bigfoot I have aging (too lazy to drive to beer store) so need to buy more. This interesting though because I just started to enjoy imperial stouts and dark ryes so I will have to wait to find out. I agree it is delicious upfront though.

In the past days since the 18th beers I have hated/been disappointed by/appalled at were

SN Hop Hunter (wretched taste I would rather drink salt water)

Elysian IPA? (Don't remember which but had just an awkward piney taste that wasn't soothing and had a god awful aftertaste)

Tröegs Wheat Beer I wanna say Dreamweaver? Maybe not (Just not a fan of how the coriander felt in my mouth, it just came off as odd)

Left Hand has the biggest let downs.. 400 Pound Monkey & Sawtooth Ale (400 just came off as off on my palate drinkable but just not to my liking no intense hop aroma as I was expecting just a let down and Sawtooth had some strange spicy aftertastes that lingered.. I hate the lingering mouthfeel in anything besides Arrogant Bastard which I'm kinda forced to like because I bought a keg)

I have others but my memory is fading as I have drank too much 🍻🍻

I can't stand Sam Adams anything. I've tasted maybe 4 or 5 of their beers and they all taste the same. Like the original.... alson like $HIT!

At the bar ordered a 21st amendment back in black. Was sent a bitter.
Was my first bitter, not impressed.

I liked the Sam Adams Boston ale, back when I could find it.kind of a pale ale with saaz hops for flavor.

Back