What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all put together yet but I got my new 16 gal brew kettle and burner today...Yeah!!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394491736.917435.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394491756.833824.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Awesome. I was lucky enough to get in on the last offerings from Princeton Homebrew and now have a vial each of BugFarm, Trappist Ale, Munich Festbier, and BugCounty. I can't decide what sort of wort to use on the two Bugs, so I'm always curious to hear how people have been using theirs. If you're open to sharing your recipe for the turbid mash, I'd like to see it! Does it have an extended boil? 4-6 hours? Also, sounds like you're maybe going pro???

I just pitched Bugfarm last week. I ended up doing something very similar to the unblended Lambic recipe from Brewing Classic Styles, but did a single infusion at 158F, and used about 10 IBU worth of Belma. I'm really excited to try this one. :ban:

Finally got my STC-1000 in the mail! Wired it up and tested (well, proof of concept) tonight. :)

OF COURSE, we have a major electrical problem right now, and the circuit that our freezer on is totally messed up (wire between the fuse board and the "start" of the circuit was mysteriously cut/snapped during the night.) Thank god it's my landlord's job to hire the electrician to run new wire.

Finally got my STC-1000 in the mail! Wired it up and tested (well, proof of concept) tonight. :)

OF COURSE, we have a major electrical problem right now, and the circuit that our freezer on is totally messed up (wire between the fuse board and the "start" of the circuit was mysteriously cut/snapped during the night.) Thank god it's my landlord's job to hire the electrician to run new wire.

Given your username, something seems fishy :cross:

My new refractometer- only had to adjust it by .002 to get her calibrated. Can't wait to use it for my first all grain brew!

I love my Cereal Killer mill my only beef is how much flour and husk cling to the bottom. It makes a bit of a mess sometimes.
View attachment 185102

If you have a leaf blower, I have found this to be an excellent way to clean everything off after milling. It all gets done outside anyway due to the dust from the grain, quick hit with the blower afterwards and good to go.

Every time I grind my grain I say to myself that I need to buy a small brush for cleaning off the bottom of the mill, and here I am a few hundred batches later still without a brush.

Every time I grind my grain I say to myself that I need to buy a small brush for cleaning off the bottom of the mill, and here I am a few hundred batches later still without a brush.

I use a small brush and sweep most of into the bucket with the rest of the grains. I think from now on after i do that I'll use the leaf blower idea to get the stuff out of the mill that the brush misses.

I use a small brush and sweep most of into the bucket with the rest of the grains. I think from now on after i do that I'll use the leaf blower idea to get the stuff out of the mill that the brush misses.

I got one of the super cheap paint brushes from HD for this. works great! Are the grain sticking to the wood by static cling? Looks like that or the wood is rough enough to have cling spots. Maybe sand it down or use a non-scented dryer sheet. :)

I got one of the super cheap paint brushes from HD for this. works great! Are the grain sticking to the wood by static cling? Looks like that or the wood is rough enough to have cling spots. Maybe sand it down or use a non-scented dryer sheet. :)

I think it is static causing it. I was wondering what i could do to eliminate clear coat?

Ingredients for an IPA recipe,
16 pounds of grain, yeast, an aeration system, and these lovely packets:
hops-62480.jpg

3 ounces Simcoe, 3 ounces Centennial, and 1 ounce Citra hops

grain bill and hops for a saison
10 ft of 1/2" silicone tubing (I think some off flavor issues I had may have been caused by using pvc tubing.)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394663875.878983.jpg Arrived Monday. 3 gallon barrel. Just took the bung out and put a handle of Early Times in it. Hoping to brew an imperial stout in the next week or two. Then a barleywine for the second go 'round.

Ingredients for an IPA recipe,
16 pounds of grain, yeast, an aeration system, and these lovely packets:
[IMGhttp://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/1/2/4/7/2/9/hops-62480.jpg

3 ounces Simcoe, 3 ounces Centennial, and 1 ounce Citra hops

Got something similar today for an IPA we plan on brewing this weekend. My brew buddy designed the recipe and ordered 15 lbs of 2 row and 16 various oz of Centennial, Simcoe and Amarillo. Little bit of amarillo going in around 40 mins and everything else comes late and probably about 4 0z mixed up to dry hop. :mug:

Irish Ale yeast
American Hefeweizen yeast
Sweet Mead yeast
And some yeast nutrient
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394669164.234564.jpg

Stocking up for some brews in the near future

Not beer related this shipment but got my Crucial M500 mSATA 120GB Internal SSD for my new computer that should be here next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Haha! My landlord also thought it was my fault (he was convinced I had hammered a huge nail through the wire, even though I swore up and down that I hadn't been hammering nails into the wall recently).

Ended up that the wiring had come loose in an outlet we don't use behind a bookcase (on a different circuit), and for some reason this prevented any electricity from getting to our living room/farther circuit from the fuse box.

All seems sort of fishy to me, but I'm glad it was a cheap-ish fix for the landlord because I don't want him to start raising my rent!

Back