What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ingredients for my first brew coming back from my 2 year hiatus.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Home Brew mobile app.

1394084228082.jpg

I'd like to see how you do it. I need to purchase a mill soon, and I'll be using my drill if I can't find a simple motor to run it.

Jupapabear

I keep planning to document my builds but the I forget. I usually remember about 1/2 way they my project. There are a bunch of pics in the DIY motorized mill post

If I forget again

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

10' of tubing from Northern Brewer to fix the prior order where they sent me only 6'. They are a class act - told me to keep the 6' length, sent the replacement 10' I ordered, and to top it off they included a NB pint glass.

got a decent haul the last few days:

carboy cleaner, brew hauler, high temp hose, compression fittings, copper tubing, picked up the rest of the fittings for DIY CFC, and an awesome eMAW. My add-a-pump kit from brewhardware should be in soon too...can't wait to get a pump in the brewery and build the CFC!

Game used NY Rangers puck signed by Henrik Lundqvist and a Team Sweden 2014 Olympic puck signed by Henrik. Way to go #30!! Just in time for my daughters birthday!!

Late last week I got my 12' of Bevlex beer line and two worm clamps. :) Now all I need to do is buy the Dremel and a hole saw to finish making my Kegerator. :)

Over the past week... about 90 pounds of grain, a grain mill, yeast and hops... By the end of the day today, I'll have a digital scale that I'll use to weigh grain, and a couple of other miscellaneous items.

May be brewing this weekend, if not, I'll be brewing all of the following weekend.

A fake Lambic is the plan. Going to try and source a barrel to ferment in, but if I can't get one in time I will ferment in carboys and barrel age.

Nice! I've got one that's been fermenting for almost two months now. Going to do a turbid mash with it?

Also - how did the talk with the realtor go?

Nice! I've got one that's been fermenting for almost two months now. Going to do a turbid mash with it?

Also - how did the talk with the realtor go?

I want to do the turbid mash although if we plan to do something like this commercially I don't see a turbid mash being a viable option and may want to try and do something I can replicate on a larger scale.

Talk with the realtor went well and the spot we want has been promised to us. Now all the hard work really begins!!! :rockin:

A fake Lambic is the plan. Going to try and source a barrel to ferment in, but if I can't get one in time I will ferment in carboys and barrel age.

Awesome. I was lucky enough to get in on the last offerings from Princeton Homebrew and now have a vial each of BugFarm, Trappist Ale, Munich Festbier, and BugCounty. I can't decide what sort of wort to use on the two Bugs, so I'm always curious to hear how people have been using theirs. If you're open to sharing your recipe for the turbid mash, I'd like to see it! Does it have an extended boil? 4-6 hours? Also, sounds like you're maybe going pro???

Awesome. I was lucky enough to get in on the last offerings from Princeton Homebrew and now have a vial each of BugFarm, Trappist Ale, Munich Festbier, and BugCounty. I can't decide what sort of wort to use on the two Bugs, so I'm always curious to hear how people have been using theirs. If you're open to sharing your recipe for the turbid mash, I'd like to see it! Does it have an extended boil? 4-6 hours? Also, sounds like you're maybe going pro???

I haven't finalized the grist list yet, but plan on using about 50% Pilsner, 35% malted wheat, and 15% unmalted wheat whether I turbid mash or not and I have some older Saphir and Tettnanger hops that I plan to stale prior to using. If I do turbid mash I will do an extended boil with the time of boil determined on my pre-boil gravity.
And yes, I am fortunate enough to be part of a brewery that is opening in probably 4-5 months.

I haven't finalized the grist list yet, but plan on using about 50% Pilsner, 35% malted wheat, and 15% unmalted wheat whether I turbid mash or not and I have some older Saphir and Tettnanger hops that I plan to stale prior to using. If I do turbid mash I will do an extended boil with the time of boil determined on my pre-boil gravity.
And yes, I am fortunate enough to be part of a brewery that is opening in probably 4-5 months.

Sounds exciting! Best of luck to you and your brewery! :ban:

A big box from Austin Homebrew containing:

Kettlehouse Cold Smoke partial mash kit
Grain bag
Wine thief (managed to lose my first one)
Twelve 22 oz bottles
Bottle caps
1 gallon jug

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back