What beer kicked your a$$ lately?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most recently: Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA
On tap at my local.. went down real nice.. stumbled a bit on the way out :)

Just had my first experience with Oskar Blues G'Knight. Tastes like hop soda. I had to stop myself or it could have easily gotten out of hand. I'll be brewing a clone soon.

Odell's Saboteur Brett Barrel Brown nuked me. Of course having half of the 750 on an empty stomach didn't help, but still...

Haven't had a beer kick my butt in a very long time.

With wine, however, it's way too easy for me to forget how much stronger they, generally, are. Shiraz almost got me this weekend.

Haven't had a beer kick my butt in a very long time.

With wine, however, it's way too easy for me to forget how much stronger they, generally, are. Shiraz almost got me this weekend.

SWMBO is the wine drinker and i fall prey to this as well. sometimes finding myself gulpin it down...wine hangovers are the worst

as to a brew thats kicked my ass...firestones 15 anniversary. finished a 32 oz growler one night, woke up at 2 in the afternoon

Been swsitching it up between Real Ale's Devil's Backbone (8.1% tripel) and North Coast's PranQster (7.6% golden strong) and am definitly feeling it. :drunk:

For me it's always been Flying Dog's Raging *****. God that's a great beer. It's usually on tap at my local hangout and I always have one too many. When DFH 90 min is on tap, that's a bad one for me too. I made a clone of that one and bottled it in 22 oz bombers. That was dumb.

My pipe line ran a week short.

Last Saturday, I brewed. It was a 102 degrees outside.

Was drinking Nimbus Brewery Old Monkeyshine, 8.2%.

Nimbus is one of our local breweries here in Tucson, and Monkey Shine is just awesome. Wrong beer when you are brewing.

Around 8:00 pm I asked my wife what we had for dinner, she just started laughing at me. :mug:

Recently drank to bombers of 2010 Smuttynose Gravitation 12% ABV.
I`ll tell ya it put me away.From now on 1 bottle sipped very slowly.
That brew kicked my arse.

Cheers

I work at a beer bar on weekends. After a looonnng shift I will occasionally have a few too many. Beers that have defeated me include Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree (13.7%), Founders Double Trouble, Great Divide's Old Ruffian, and of course Westmalle Tripel (I love that beer). Those have left me stupid and in need of a cab.

Drank 3 too many DFH 90-minutes the night before a 12 mile Tough Mudder. Was up the entire night in the bathroom alternating between throwing up and losing my bowels...

Still finished the race though!

Recently it was 3 maß of Hofbräu original...plus a 500ml of Andech's that I drank on the walk down to the Hofbräukeller. If it weren't for my trusty dog knowing the way home I would probably still be wandering around!

Went to quiz night at the Fish Brewing Company couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday. Before my buddy picked me up, I cracked open a 3 year old bottle of Great Divide Old Ruffian and drank it alone.

I don't really like most Fish Tale beers, but I didn't realize they would have three of their big boys on tap:

10 Squared Barleywine 10% 100 IBU
Monkfish Tripel 9% 32 IBU
Hodgson's Double IPA 9.9% 89 IBU

I lost the quiz night in sudden-death overtime. I don't know if I should blame the big beers or if I should give them credit for getting me that far, but I felt like crap the next morning.

Drank 3 too many DFH 90-minutes the night before a 12 mile Tough Mudder. Was up the entire night in the bathroom alternating between throwing up and losing my bowels...

Still finished the race though!

That's how you do the Tough Mudder!

I think the last times I've had it taken to me by a few brown bottles it's been a variety. Last week it was a combo of Southern Tier 2XIPA, Central Waters Hop Illumination, and Bell's Hopslam. Before that it was a night filled with Breckenridge Brewing 471, Middle Ages Double IPA, and Great Divide Brewing's Hercules Double IPA.

The only reason I can tell you this with all certainty is when I'm on the road for work and find a good beer I take pictures of the bottles so I can remember them!

Can we count BMC? Cause I almost never drink more than 6 or so good beers before switching over to something cheaper. Most recently it would have to be a night of about 20 or so Miller Lites. Vomitting bile for several hours the next day is never fun :(

We all have those nights when they just go down REALLY easy, but the next day you realize you should have stopped WAY sooner......so......What beer kicked your A$$ lately?:tank:

Right now(and I mean right now), mine's Victory Golden Monkey.

^This.

I laughed when I opened this thread because I though of Golden Monkey just reading the title! That stuff is so light and dry. Goes down so easily that you are compelled to have another. 4 in about 2 hours did me in.:cross:

Just started kegging and thought it would be a good idea to keg a 8.5% double ipa. Needless to say the novelty of having a keg of homebrew makes me want to drink more than I probably should.

Rough day at work, hot Atlanta afternoon and 12 Sierra Nevada torpedo's iced down = a bad evening. My wife was not happy with me.

My newly tapped keg of Denny's Rye IPA @ 7.6% abv knows how to handle itself... And me apparently.... Delicious stuff that beer. When (not if) I rebrew it, I'm gonna drop the c60 by .25lb as I think I'd like it a touch less caramel malty. Love it as is though.

I had 2 bombers of two guys hop juice last night that hit like a truck. I am definitely feeling it this morning

Southern Tier Unearthly, tasted kinda sweet to me, ended up drinking too fast for 9.5% abv

Eel Brewing's Triple Exultation. I downed two bombers of it the other night and I before I knew it, it was all over me and left me pinballing down the hall.

Local micro's Sooper Yooper IPA from Soo Brewing Co. Took out a growler at poker night and it took me out when I tried to get up from the table. Talked to the brewer the next week and he informed me that it was 7%. That explained a lot!

The wife bought me a 1L beer mug... it's just too easy to overdo it on my oktoberfest now. In fact my mugs looking a little empty right now, and there's probably a full 12oz. In it.

Flying Dog Gonzo imperial porter. I had 5 one night and I barfed up the last 2. I can't remember the last time I was that bad after 5. In fact, I don't think I finished the last one. It is also what I'm drinking right now.

Back