What are you reading?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just restarted the Wool series. I started it, then didn't read for months and now I'm restarting it with intention to actually finish it.

Just started Stephen King's The Wind Through the Keyhole . Book 4.5 of the Dark Tower/ gunslinger series.

Just finished Attack on Titan Vol 1 and I'll be starting Sourcery By Terry Pratchett.

I am America and so can you..... by Stephen Colbert.

Ridiculous yet on point and funny.

Kitty in the Underworld. Gotta read something while I wait for next Discworld to be released.

The Drunken Botanist - Amy Stewart

It's about plants used in or to make booze. Now I'm rethinking my landscaping. :drunk:

Nice, sounds good. I'm adding that to my list.

Currently reading Ruth Reichl's memoir, Tender at the Bone. I'm a fool for food memoirs (Blood, Bones, & Butter, etc) or books about food (anything by Mark Kurlansky, like Salt, Cod, etc.).

Just started The Third Kingdom by Terry Goodkind

This is a good series. I liked the Sword of Truth series a little better.

Have you read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson? I've got all of the books but am a little inimidated to start a 10 book series when every book is a thousand pages.

mytommygundont said:
This is a good series. I liked the Sword of Truth series a little better.

Have you read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson? I've got all of the books but am a little inimidated to start a 10 book series when every book is a thousand pages.

This is the latest in the series.

No, haven't read that one.

This is the latest in the series.

No, haven't read that one.

Sorry. I liked the first story arc in the Sword of Truth better than the second story arc that is the Omen Machine and The Third Kingdom. I should have been more clear.

mytommygundont said:
Sorry. I liked the first story arc in the Sword of Truth better than the second story arc that is the Omen Machine and The Third Kingdom. I should have been more clear.

So far I like this book.

Yes, best epic fantasy I've ever read. Read the first two of the series and if your not completely hooked by the end of Chain of Dogs then you can let it go.

Currently reading a tv style 'series' of books. The frontiers saga by ryk brown! Cheap scifi but solidly entertaining!

Yes, best epic fantasy I've ever read. Read the first two of the series and if your not completely hooked by the end of Chain of Dogs then you can let it go.

That's great to hear. I've yet to pick up the first book though. I just finished The Riyria Revelations trilogoy by Michael J sullivan. Pretty amazing. And now I'm reading the Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson again to get ready for the second book that comes out in March.

Easy Muffin Tin Meals
The Dowel Arrow Handbook by Nicholas Tomihama
and on my Kindle: Meat Smoking And Smokehouse Design by Robert, Adam and Stanley Marianski.

Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series. Pretty. Good. I'm 2 books in and like it. Weird 20 year old kid who can see dead people and his exploits. Worth a read

Got sucked into the Ender Quintet after reading Ender's Game before trying to see the movie. On the third one currently.

Reading Lone Survivor and John Palmer: How to Brew.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Understanding Judaism: the basics of deed and creed
Brew Like a Monk
Freedom, God and Worlds (the author is a friend of mine)

Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher

Needless to say, I recommend it to any/everyone...and I know I'm not the first to do so ;)

Just finished LOTR and hobbit earlier this month. Back on Calvin's Institutes and Lewis: God in the Doc.

Also read john flanagan's royal ranger this month.

Just finished 1Q84 and still looking for something new to start. I've read a few by Murakami now and 1Q84 was my favorite. Long, but kept me engrossed the whole time.

I have heard a lot about that book, i think i will read it next. have the last 500 pages of Song of ice and fire to finish this week.

I Just finished Iain M. Banks' Consider Phlebas (loved it) and have started in on GRRM's A Dance With Dragons. I have PKD's The Man In High Castle in the queue, along with Hops and Water.

Asimov's Robot series. Currently on I, Robot, after finishing the Series dealing with R. Daneel Olivaw and R. Giskard. Not sure of the order, and I think I maybe should have read I, Robot first, but they seem relatively separate at this point, so probably no harm done.

I am looking forward to re-reading the Foundation series. I started it some years back, and only got to about the 2-3 book.

I'm finally getting around to The Once and Future King by T.H. White (after studying Le Morte D'Arthur intensely a few semesters ago). Also finishing up Wednesday Is Indigo Blue: Discovering the Brain of Synesthesia and The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England!

Dark star safari by paul theroux.
Well worth the read, about a guy going overland from cairo to capetown in mdern times

I am most of the way through the first book of the Dies the Fire series. I like distopian fiction. Like the way the author started the 'change' and all that. Kinda irked about how lucky/untouchable the main characters are, but then again you cant have a main character if they get killed off or paralyzed in their first few skirmishes. I will keep reading though some main characters need some really bad luck soon to balance things out.

On a side note, I think the autor must be a wiccan.

I am most of the way through the first book of the Dies the Fire series. I like distopian fiction. Like the way the author started the 'change' and all that. Kinda irked about how lucky/untouchable the main characters are, but then again you cant have a main character if they get killed off or paralyzed in their first few skirmishes. I will keep reading though some main characters need some really bad luck soon to balance things out.

On a side note, I think the autor must be a wiccan.

That's a great trilogy. Haven't read anything after the original 3. I really enjoy dystopian fiction as well.

I'm working on a book called Necessary Ill. Don't remember the author name.

Latest posts

Back