What are you drinking...right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you need to update yo list, f00! Sounds friggin' good.

I have no idea what I'm going to brew when I get back. It doesn't really matter. :D

Bust a Nut Brown Ale as I listen to the Brewers on the radio. They're losing to the Cards again. That's what I like about those boys, they drive me to drink......

ablrbrau said:
Bust a Nut Brown Ale as I listen to the Brewers on the radio. They're losing to the Cards again. That's what I like about those boys, they drive me to drink......

Being a Brewers fan sucks.

Brewers fan = You win some, and lose more. :rolleyes:

I just finished a pint of "small", it's my signature hop delivery vehicle. I can't decide on the IPA or the red next.

I keep getting things half bass ackwards... I had the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter first, then had an Otter Creek Stove Pipe Porter...

So in that order, the Breck rocks... :rockin:

The Stove Pipe, not so much... :eek:

I should have had them the other way 'round...

BUT, I was OUTSIDE working in the garage in shorts and t-shirt, and that makes me happy at least...

Dude said:
Being a Brewers fan sucks.

Brewers fan = You win some, and lose more. :rolleyes:

You guys are off to a good start, and I'm sure they will make my life miserable on a few occasions this season like the Brew-Crew ALWAYS does... I count noone as a sure win in baseball... Hell, look at this past weekend... Birds NEVER beat the scrubs on ESPN on a Sunday night...

Baseball... I love it...

Here's to the rest of the season!! :mug:

Ize

Dude said:
Ahhh...I'm drinking A Pliny the Bastid. Damn this is good. The aroma punches you in the face and then the taste kicks you in the balls.

That beer rocks....honestly one of the best beers I've ever had. Wish I had more. :D

Magic Hat Circus Boy hefe. Not bad! I tried this when I was up in VT last weekend for SWMBO's 10 year reunion.

Dude said:
Ahhh...I'm drinking A Pliny the Bastid. Damn this is good. The aroma punches you in the face and then the taste kicks you in the balls.
You really sell this well. So basically, it's an ass-kicking in every bottle.

I'm drinking Lazy Monk again tonight. It's really good, all though it's a bit more caramelly and fruitty than I would normally like. I don't see it sticking around long enough to properly age.

I bottled the 80 shilling ale tonight so that'll give me a vacation from the LM if it lasts that long.

I just got home from a long drive from West Palm Beach, FL to IL.

I popped a half liter "Czech's in the Ale" in the fridge for a while and ... well, it's a bit hoppier than I usually like, but that was the intended plan. It's not overhopped for the light style.

It tastes really good. I am pleased with the results.:D

just finished a pint of my ASB. Still not sure if I like it or not. I'm going to wash it down with an IPA.

Finishing my second Na-Na Hey-Hey Goodbye Beer (my Steam beer) and will then have my last beer of the night, one of my CWS 5400 Imperial IPAs! The CWS rocked, if I do say so myself. And I do!
:mug:

cheap whiskey mixed with iced tea.
hey, i can't drink tasty beer every night.

my lil sister is going in for cancer surgery again tomorrow. after like 3 other surgeries for it over the last few years. i got to forget about my troubles somehow.

i'll have some homebrew when she recovering after i visit her. too bad she is straight-edge or we could celebrate together.

barrett

Hope your sis does ok gremlin.

I'm drinking my new Belgian Wit. I think it's the best beer I've ever made. Looks like I'll be making this again soon.

Hey, first post!

At this very moment I'm sipping on some New Glarus IPA (Hop Hearty). Tasty good with a great ABV for an IPA!

I feel pretty lucky to live close (wisconsin) to so many great micro-breweries.

I am drinking a bottle Long Trail bottled conditioned IPA. First time I've had this. Nice color, nice aroma, but could be a little more hoppy. Overall, a nice beer. Bottle conditioned is nice too. "Just like homemade.....but no lumps!"

I also just tried one of my Mobil-1 Stouts that I brewed last year. This brew went horribly wrong, as I was too tipsy when I brewed it, and it was too heavy and visibly viscous. Afer aging for 8 months, it is actually quite tasty, and I think that I am going to use it to make black and tans with my Pale Ales....the packy that I go to for specialty beers sells the lagerhead turtle pour assistant for 2 part pours, so I might have to pick it up.

just got home from the liquor store. Nothing new came in so i went with a 6er of Shiner Bock, and a 6er of Sierra Nevade Summer Wheat.

Only becasue Im trying not to drink too many green beers. I would like to SWMBO to sleep in our bed tonight, and not run her off from a bad case of beer gas.

Just poured a SmuttyNose Big A IPA. Not bad at all. Got more hop than the Long Trail I mentioned earlier, and a good overall taste. I did not chill it enough, though, as it was a 22oz bottle. I did not want to overchill and cover up any flavor, but it could be a little colder.

Bought a couple 22oz Berkshire Brewing Co. while I was out, drinking now their "Gold Spike Ale." Think it's a Kölsch, but I don't know for sure. Very good beer for a hot day like this, very drinkable, light but still with some good malt character. Not over-hopped, pretty well balanced. Good amount of carbontion. Me likes.

I just finished off my honey ale. This was the clearest beer I've ever made. BMC couldn't beet it for clarity. This will go down as one of my best brews.

for as much beer as I have had in my life, I have never had a honey brew, a s I am not a too big fan of straight honey, and only use it for BBQ sauce. I might have to try one.

Old Dog Brown Real Ale-style, flat & warm. I think it needs another week of conditioning before it goes in the kegger, it's only been 17 days since I brewed it.

Another great day for drinking beer here. 95 and humid...but the A/C is working well.

Started with Delirium Tremens...not sure...will have to try more of it! Went on to Lakefront Cream City PA with dinner (steak/taters), Bell's Amber Ale and at this moment am (for dessert) sipping on a New Glarus Uff-Da bock.

Today turned into bottling day, so ontop of my hefe and the occasional sip of doctor, some tasting of an austrillian shiraz, the remainder of the bergime (not enough for a bottle, but fills a vvrey large glasss quite nicely. And soon some black chocolate stout and another hefe.

I think I'm well on my way:cross:

Might have to tap into a bottle of Liberator later tonight.

Too hot (almost 90F) to do much except post trash and drink a WP Red! Of course, when I lived in Las Vegas it would hit 122F and ...

I'd sit inside & drink a few cool ones. Wasn't brewing back then & I was a lot younger.

Another week and the Old Dog hits the kegger!

Paulaner Salvatore Double Bock... :rockin:

Egads it's a good beer.....

It fits with the evening. It turned into October while SWMBO and I were out eating... went in it was 85 and humid, came out, big time North wind, rain and must be 65 out...

Heatwave broke! :D

Ize

Harpoon IPA 50/50 with Guinness. Like a hoppy black and tan.
Can you believe it I have ran out to HB?!?! I still have another 2 or so weeks untill the next batch is carbonated. Foo.

hmmm...

Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale. Decent Hop bite to counter the malt. Good, but not a fanatic.

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. {Golden Lager} (methinks the Paulaner has gotten the better end of me brain cells.... :drunk: ) Kind of thin, Getting more hops than malt. Could deal with a couple on a warm summer day. Not for the duration tho...

Or,

It could be the beer....

Ize

EDIT....

um, this should be at the end of the thread....

Etna Porter! life is good except, I have to work in the AM BOO HOO
If your mixing GUINESS shame on you GUINESS should only be mixed with good company!!!!!!
JJ

Wrapping up the night with Michigan Brewing's "Nut Brown Ale"

Kind of liked this beer. Not overwhelming but enuf hop bite mixed with the malt. (Altho it's possible I'm not to be trusted right now. ) Good nut flavor that lingers, but not an unpleasant aftertaste.... Smooth, with a smooth finish...

It now occurs to me this should be in a different thread but it is what I was drinking. And sadly, it wasn't homebrew. :(

Ize

Latest posts

Back