What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duclaw Devil's Milk barlewine. I bought this shortly after its package date of 10/28/19. Didn't read the label well so missed the part about "demonic hop presence" of which I was not a fan. I don't associate that with barleywine but I guess I'm wrong. Anyway, decided to see if it would age well in the can. After 3 years the hops bitterness is much more subtle and to my liking. Still has nice fruity notes and big maltiness. I'm liking this. I'll try another one next year!
IMG_20221106_173519.jpg

Was there Friday. Bought a 4 pk while closing my tab. Gave 2 to my Pop and put 2 in my suitcase.wishing i woulda been stingy now. Gonna share the other w my homies at a local brewery

It's not bad but it is not very hoppy. From the brewpub in downtown Silver City NM View attachment 785462
By the end of the 4th beer I have decided it's not very good, I won't buy it again. At the brewpub it's good enough most of the time with their green chile Rueben sandwich and potato chips, but there's better beer to buy for the house.

A couple flat tires put a hitch in my day, but I got that sorted this morning so that left me with a bit of time this afternoon to enjoy a bit o' Monday day drinking (in the big Willi Bechers, no less) while tearing apart my ball valves and waging war against my kettle's beer stone.

Panther Piss Classic LODO
3989762B-28DC-405E-A8E3-9E25FC6F9CDF.jpeg

And my trashy adjunct Oktoberfest
07BACECA-47E3-4075-A08E-E9D669642BB6.jpeg

With the ball valves vanquished and the beer stone agreeing that it was a hard fought contest, I’m enjoying some brown porter.
E2482C76-8548-41C5-9ACC-518DFE972F38.jpeg

Good timing, I was about to rack out!

So the red and yellow gadget on top of the pop bottle is this.

To use the beer left in your fermenter, you simply gravity transfer into your pop bottle, then use the yellow pump on the device to push as much air as possible into the pop bottle. Then you serve with the cobra tap half cocked. Then pump a bunch more, then serve, then pump a bunch more...

Yeah, it's ghetto AF. I'll admit that. But that's where I live, so let me speak my truth. Don't judge. ;)

It's a very, very hooptie way of doing cask ale...but it kinda is a beer engine. A seriously hooptie beer engine, but there's no denying that it really is a fantastically cheap and fantastically crap beer engine.

That said, it does allow you to put that last gallon in your fermenter to use. That's not a bad thing.

I hope you found this useful.

Edit: btw, it's dreadful as a line cleaner. Don't buy it for that.

Last edited:
Back