What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Märzen.
8724BB3C-C725-4C93-8BCA-889838F4F0E5.jpeg

I just transferred the Lithuanian raw ale that I brewed last week from the fermenter (bucket) to the brite tank (carboy.) I had a pint left over, and I'm drinking it now. It's still quite cloudy with yeast (hope it doesn't give me the squirts) but I don't taste a lot of yeast. When it's ready to drink it should be much less cloudy but probably have chill haze.

93% attenuation and it still tastes sweet. (that's probably glycerin and ethanol rather than sugars) I think it needed more hops. It might still be good when the yeast drops out and it's carbonated.

3C89D878-A115-44FB-A470-D3533250709C.jpeg
A wee wee taste of bourbon from my barrel. After I aged a red, then a stout I bought the best cheap bourbon money could buy (Benchmark Old No. 8 Bourbon) and some everclear filled up my 5 gallon barrel to keep it clean and wet. Happy with the result.

Last edited:
So I thought I would try a tap room close to me that I haven't had a chance to visit yet . I got a flight because I'd like to sample the wares.
The beer was good but it was 17.50 to what worked out to about a pint and a 1/2 .
It's good to be home where my home brew cost me just over a quarter to .50 a glass
bb70b918098422bd.jpg

Last edited:
Back