What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My special bitter in a pils glass because I wanted to get a good look at it for the tasting notes.
73082036-023E-40A1-B377-6FB20573ED98.jpeg

Founders imperial bourbon barrel aged Marzen, 10% abv. 1st thought when I saw this: $20 (including tax) for a 4 pack...crazy! 2nd thought: you paid almost that much for 2 at the local brewery yesterday!
This beer is amazing. Malty, sweet, bread, bourbon and caramel, a little honey at the end. Too easy to drink at 10%. Let it warm up a little from fridge temp. Good stuff!
IMG_20221015_171924.jpg

Founders imperial bourbon barrel aged Marzen, 10% abv. 1st thought when I saw this: $20 (including tax) for a 4 pack...crazy! 2nd thought: you paid almost that much for 2 at the local brewery yesterday!
This beer is amazing. Malty, sweet, bread, bourbon and caramel, a little honey at the end. Too easy to drink at 10%. Let it warm up a little from fridge temp. Good stuff!
View attachment 783869
A 10% Marzen that was aged in barrels and they managed to pull off that color?

Jaw on the floor "Wow." That's just stupid!

Founders is good at making beer.

Yeah, straight out of his "Homebrewer's Guide For Vintage Beer Book". It's a mild page 107. (1910 Fullers X)

I used Wyeast 1968.

Hey, thanks for that, Hout!

I know the exact recipe you're talking about, I've pondered that recipe, and the one to its left, many times while giving birth to some Virginia drivers.

It's a treat to see it in the glass!

Last edited:
A little WCIPA night cap to celebrate a nice Saturday that didn't involve work and included a dinner that wasn't intended to be stretched throughout the week, it was just for tonight. I also got my CO2 situation sorted out until next spring. Best of all, while doing the dishes, I heard a mouse trap snap shut (one of the joys of living in DC in the fall).

Today was a great day!
68EFFEFE-3DCF-4A03-A418-1F7AE8C72862.jpeg

So I thought I would try a tap room close to me that I haven't had a chance to visit yet . I got a flight because I'd like to sample the wares.
The beer was good but it was 17.50 to what worked out to about a pint and a 1/2 .
It's good to be home where my home brew cost me just over a quarter to .50 a glassView attachment 783855
Facts! That’s why I don’t go out. I bought my first 4pk in mos with a Gift card. I prefer to drink my HB made with love and a much cheaper cost.

Working in the office today about to place my Northern Brewer order. Just kidding…

Wow, this is a great Flemish Red Ale, Duchesse De Bourgogne. Tastes a LOT like the Flanders Red I brewed in 2021 which I still have a few bottles of. This one had a really high 3-4 fingers head, nearly had to pour it in two glasses. Not really over carbonated though, just a lot of head. Great sour flavor, 6% ABV, a blend of young and foeder beer as is typical of the style. I’m enjoying this…. Back to work….!
31F71A10-5650-4719-A575-9C77528DA4CC.jpeg

Back