What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the longest day in the lab since March this beer is going down sssmmmmoooooottthhhhhhh
135E32EA-2745-45D7-A315-508CE13239A5.jpeg

Been a minute or two since I have been on the forum, new username, glad to be back

App isn't working for some reason, no pic.

Parish- Ghost in the Machine

Three Floyds was excellent. Smooth, clean and just the right amount of bitterness.
Great beer

Lawson’s does not make bad beer. If they do, I haven’t had it!
This was bitter , little bit of citrus. Nice west coast like ale.
Just a great beer .

Attachments

• 0C5B422F-E8E4-4161-8869-E8C44E75002F.jpeg
    0C5B422F-E8E4-4161-8869-E8C44E75002F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 11EB2AFC-2401-4B4D-AD8A-AE81F71A060D.jpeg
    11EB2AFC-2401-4B4D-AD8A-AE81F71A060D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
HB Belgian Pale IV.

I’ve been experimenting with Belgian style yeasts Wyatt 1762 Abbey Ale II and 3522 Ardennes all summer. The one below is the maltiest of the bunch. It’s a little too young, only 3-1/2 weeks in the bottle, but it’s mellowing nicely.

I‘ve been pushing the Belgian pale/dubbel style with west cost hops to 35-40 IBU range, including an ounce of dry hops -just because. My inspiration is Flying Dog’s Raging *****, though not so Rageous. I am a big fan of North Coast’s Pranqster, too.

Friends seem to enjoy this hybrid. Anyone else liking this, or seen commercial craft brew examples? I recommend trying your favorite APA recipe with these yeasts!

09225E50-EA40-49F3-8CE9-6AE302296E4A.jpeg

HB Belgian Pale IV.

I’ve been experimenting with Belgian style yeasts Wyatt 1762 Abbey Ale II and 3522 Ardennes all summer. The one below is the maltiest of the bunch. It’s a little too young, only 3-1/2 weeks in the bottle, but it’s mellowing nicely.

I‘ve been pushing the Belgian pale/dubbel style with west cost hops to 35-40 IBU range, including an ounce of dry hops -just because. My inspiration is Flying Dog’s Raging *****, though not so Rageous. I am a big fan of North Coast’s Pranqster, too.

Friends seem to enjoy this hybrid. Anyone else liking this, or seen commercial craft brew examples? I recommend trying your favorite APA recipe with these yeasts!

View attachment 695964

Every bit of that sounds amazing

Every bit of that sounds amazing

Thanks. The airlock smells amazing during the fermentation with all sorts of fruit, honey, plum aromas. The finished product starts rough and fruity/hoppy, but then it settles down. The first pair was identical recipes with the different yeasts. Pretty dry ~ 1.008 FG. Fruit and hops at 3-4 weeks, then very clean flavor, hint of fruit at 6-8 weeks.
Hard to compare sequentially.

I am thinking of playing with Belgian Candi syrup with a DME recipe just to see how it works. That’s my Belgian Bathwater recipe.

HB Belgian Pale IV.

View attachment 695964

What yeast in this batch?

Back