What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lauganitas ipa
15985738780536908384180552742506.jpg

Hope it come out better then mine. Same recipe as 2 years ago. Not the same....

Dags want these eggrolls..
View attachment 695832View attachment 695833
That sucks that it isn’t acceptable.
Fingers are definitely crossed for mine. I’ve never let a beer lager this long before. I’m worried that it could possibly be oxidized because it’s had the CO2 gas line hooked to it the whole time and I’m reading that O2 can still get in through the hose. I’ve recently switched everything over to EVABARRIER lines, but maybe too late. Should’ve unhooked the gas after it was carbed. Finding out next week.
My newest Pilsner doesn’t taste exactly as I’d like either. Same recipe as always too. It’s still good, but something is just a little different.

Switched to a strong Chilean red...sigh. I have family in the mighty state of Texas, and although they are inland a bit, my heart still goes out.

We’re thinking of ya’ll right now, TX and LA..eeesh! #staysafe
:confused:

Curious about your beef with force carb?

I wish I could explain it. To be fair, it could be my doing something incorrectly, and I’m far from set up for honest kegging, but whenever I split a batch I always seem to enjoy the conditioned bottles. It may well be a mind over matter situation. This particular batch was completely rushed, so I do think It needed some time to sit and mellow out. Perhaps it all just boils down to time and impatience.

I wish I could explain it. To be fair, it could be my doing something incorrectly, and I’m far from set up for honest kegging, but whenever I split a batch I always seem to enjoy the conditioned bottles. It may well be a mind over matter situation. This particular batch was completely rushed, so I do think It needed some time to sit and mellow out. Perhaps it all just boils down to time and impatience.
I've noticed a weird tartness that fades after a week or so. Somewhere I read that its carbonic acid from the force carb. Idk, maybe. But I do think beers typically drink best about 2 weeks after carbing so might as well bottle condition

I've noticed a weird tartness that fades after a week or so. Somewhere I read that its carbonic acid from the force carb. Idk, maybe. But I do think beers typically drink best about 2 weeks after carbing so might as well bottle condition

And that could be it. My set up is just a 1g ukeg. When I do a 4g batch, I fill that and bottle a case. I’d be willing to bet that the gallon is nearly gone by the time the bottles are carbed up. For once, I’m slightly ahead of my pipeline (until my draft Labor Day weekend), so I’m curious about a direct comparison since it’s still about half full.

And that could be it. My set up is just a 1g ukeg. When I do a 4g batch, I fill that and bottle a case. I’d be willing to bet that the gallon is nearly gone by the time the bottles are carbed up. For once, I’m slightly ahead of my pipeline (until my draft Labor Day weekend), so I’m curious about a direct comparison since it’s still about half full.
I think the keg is usually drinking the best about a week before it kicks, just wish i was more patient....

And let me know how it goes...

Back