What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4902.JPG

HB Brett Grisette

Looks Tasty! Interested in how the haziness holds up over a couple of weeks. I guess I should get back at it.
70gu1l.jpg

HB NEIPA guess I didn’t drink it quick enough it cleared in the keg.

I think I've figured out the haziness part, not that I was having to have it be hazy. I add a quart of oat milk at flameout to a five gallon batch. Three months and it still looks muddy.
IMG_20181214_215658413.jpg

Recipe for the cherry quad?
See..knew I'd forget. You can use pretty much use any quad recipe. This was this (ever changing) current version. Seems a bit dry to me this time around. As far as secondary cherries, I like tart. Sweet is just too much. But this version had 2/3 tart and 1/3 sweet. I'm sticking with 100% tart from now on. I'd aim on the lighter side like 8-10oz/gal until you find what you like. Flavor can be powerful. I use RO then go for calcium 80 and Chloride 100 pH around 5.4. But everyone is different.

As far as starters, I always brew a lighter version (dubbel in this case) first to build a yeast cake. Guaranteed yeast quantity! Make sure to reoxygenate after 12hrs, very important to ferment out properly.

Coffee and pain killers..arms/back are fried from yesterday.
20181215_093302.jpeg

Last edited:
See..knew I'd forget. You can use pretty much use any quad recipe. This was this (ever changing) current version. Seems a bit dry to me this time around. As far as secondary cherries, I like tart. Sweet is just too much. But this version had 2/3 tart and 1/3 sweet. I'm sticking with 100% tart from now on. I'd aim on the lighter side like 8-10oz/gal until you find what you like. Flavor can be powerful. I use RO then go for calcium 80 and Chloride 100 pH around 5.4. But everyone is different.

As far as starters, I always brew a lighter version (dubbel in this case) first to build a yeast cake. Guaranteed yeast quantity! Make sure to reoxygenate after 12hrs, very important to ferment out properly.

Coffee and pain killers..arms/back are fried from yesterday.View attachment 602508

Thank you!

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

I had to pull a beer out of the cellar to start filling the gift my wife got me this week for my birthday. It seemed appropriate to get this cap in there first, so I’ll always remember the year she got it for me.
Whomever suggested the quarter trick with a bottle opener, it worked like a champ!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

View attachment 602516
View attachment 602517
I had to pull a beer out of the cellar to start filling the gift my wife got me this week for my birthday. It seemed appropriate to get this cap in there first, so I’ll always remember the year she got it for me.
Whomever suggested the quarter trick with a bottle opener, it worked like a champ!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!
That would have been me [emoji4]
Glad it worked out for you

How well has the 2018 Big Foot aged? I have one that is waiting for New Years.

I think it’s still pretty darn good. Malty with a slight booziness to it. I still have six left of 2018 and I think three from 2016. Somehow I missed the 2017 release. Can’t wait for 2019 to be released soon!

Cars are washed, lawn is mowed. Time to plan out my next brew day.
2guid0p.jpg

I just told my wife I hate seeing comments like this. Haha Here in western NY, we haven’t mowed our lawns in a few months, nor washed our cars (unless going through a car wash when temps are above freezing) or sitting outside enjoying a beer. Instead we are all hibernating inside trying to stay warm.

I’m soooooo freaking jealous!!!!!

Latest posts

Back