What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20181215_145933.jpeg

I think it’s still pretty darn good. Malty with a slight booziness to it. I still have six left of 2018 and I think three from 2016. Somehow I missed the 2017 release. Can’t wait for 2019 to be released soon!

Sierra Nevada is such an appropriate brewery to make Barleywine, since it is such a hoppy style. I really appreciate how available they make it. I rarely go to the big box booze store where you can get Barleywines, but even there it’s like Old Coast, which I like and maybe one other brand. I never see Barleywine at the grocery store unless it’s Bigfoot. When it does come out I love it. Barleywine is one of my favorite styles. I have a six pack of HB Barleywine that I have been lagering for six months awaiting Christmas Eve. I call it “Count Your Blessings” American Barleywine. It’s was a one gallon batch and I used 3 oz. of hops in it, Fuggles, Columbus, and Amarillo. Man is it good.

Sierra Nevada is such an appropriate brewery to make Barleywine, since it is such a hoppy style. I really appreciate how available they make it. I rarely go to the big box booze store where you can get Barleywines, but even there it’s like Old Coast, which I like and maybe one other brand. I never see Barleywine at the grocery store unless it’s Bigfoot. When it does come out I love it. Barleywine is one of my favorite styles. I have a six pack of HB Barleywine that I have been lagering for six months awaiting Christmas Eve. I call it “Count Your Blessings” American Barleywine. It’s was a one gallon batch and I used 3 oz. of hops in it, Fuggles, Columbus, and Amarillo. Man is it good.

I have my first American Barleywine in the fermenter. Probably next week I’ll dry hop it with the remaining Chinook hops for 4 days or so. Then rack to a keg with some oak chips soaking in bourbon since March. From there, I’ll pull small samples to see how it tastes and add some of the bourbon if needed. Then it will go in the kegerator which could be dangerous.

Back