What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of sours, I am seriously considering kegging my sour. I can easily replace the lines after it is kicked, I can replace the o-rings in the keg (would the keg be okay), I can clean everything else well. I think it's possible, no?

Speaking of sours, I am seriously considering kegging my sour. I can easily replace the lines after it is kicked, I can replace the o-rings in the keg (would the keg be okay), I can clean everything else well. I think it's possible, no?

The keg itself should be fine. Just replace the lines especially the o-rings. Lines might be fine if you clean them properly

Well that's just ridiculous haha. Was it on fruit for that long?

Nope. The fruit was only on there for the last couple of months. Finally got tired seeing it and bottles. Its conditioning right now. I'm going to check on it in a few months. I want to make sure its all good without wasting bottles. I brewed that beer March of 2013.

Water , I am in a conference, just so it is clear we are on break, I have respect. But the last speaker, an older gal , was coming off stage an I caught a glimpse of her playboy bunny leg tattoo. That kind of threw me off.

Can I get a moment of silence please?

Got word this morning that some inbound beermail got damaged in transit. I figure this is better than the "bad shipper, no alcohol" slap on the hand letter that could have been sent. Still is a sad turn of events. Was supposed to arrive tomorrow.

"Returning to Sender: In Transit

and

06/09/2015 6:57 P.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned."

So to add insult to the injury they already did to the package, they are shipping the box back to the sender.

Got word this morning that some inbound beermail got damaged in transit. I figure this is better than the "bad shipper, no alcohol" slap on the hand letter that could have been sent. Still is a sad turn of events. Was supposed to arrive tomorrow.

and

06/09/20156:57 P.M.Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned."

So to add insult to the injury they already did to the package, they are shipping the box back to the sender.

Mark had a good idea to put the same address for the sender and recipient so that the remains get to the recipient too. Good idea in theory. Doesn't help you here though, that sucks.

Mark had a good idea to put the same address for the sender and recipient so that the remains get to the recipient too. Good idea in theory. Doesn't help you here though, that sucks.

If it was leaking, wouldn't it be "tossed" anyway? Or would they really pack up the remaining bottles and ship them?

I would think they would just end it right there.

<moment of silence>

Pounding water pretending it's beer.

Anyone have a recipe for a light, session Belgian ale with a little bit of body? Something like a Belgian Golden Strong, minus the strong.. Looking around 5%.

If it was leaking, wouldn't it be "tossed" anyway? Or would they really pack up the remaining bottles and ship them?

Depends on who finds it and how they are feeling that day. Ive heard of USPS completely repacking a box of beer and continuing it on. Also heard of UPS and Fedex putting an obvious beer leaking box in a trash bag and fresh box and delivering it. But also hear about returns and letters to not send beer.

Depends on who finds it and how they are feeling that day. Ive heard of USPS completely repacking a box of beer and continuing it on. Also heard of UPS and Fedex putting an obvious beer leaking box in a trash bag and fresh box and delivering it. But also hear about returns and letters to not send beer.

At our FedEx terminal, most of the time even if we knew it was alcohol we would just deliver it... but be grumpy about it. It was most often big boxes of wine though.

In the case that something did break, we would just throw it out. If it wasn't insured.

That was my thought as well. my guess was that it was saying something good about the packing job done by the sender. I am glad that they didnt just toss the whole thing.

I guess package damage is one of the things that happens when they compulsively caulk the wagons and ford the river. Hopefully the driver didnt die of dysentery.

Speaking of beer mail... hopefully the one that is showing up tomorrow isn't carried away in a flood.

Keloland Weather forecast said:
Tomorrow:
90% chance of rain with 2 inches of heavy rain possible. High: 68. Wind: E 10-20 mph.

In my experience they will sometimes dispose of it (assuming it were all beer) and send the form nasty gram about sending alcohol though their service. Sometimes they will dispose of the broken/leaking material and then send the rest back to the shipper. I've never experienced the luck of having them repack the unbroken material and sending it on to the recipient. The degree of packing necessary to ensure safe delivery is getting higher and higher, thus adding to the cost :(

More water while I contemplate lunch and test drive my new, ridiculously fast FiOS network connection.

Speaking of beer mail... hopefully the one that is showing up tomorrow isn't carried away in a flood.

516kg.jpg

+ Psylocide's package

Lmao. That's pure gold.

Drinking water and counting days...

I am sure I have posted this video on HBT in the past, but I just remembered it and it fits too well here. I really wish this were real and not just a parody. I would watch this movie

Last edited by a moderator:

and

06/09/2015 6:57 P.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / Damaged merchandise discarded, balance being returned."

****ty...sucks sorry.

Coke...this has been an utterly stressful day.

****ty...sucks sorry.

Could be worse. Could always be worse. At least I have beer at home. I can wait

Coke...this has been an utterly stressful day.

I am an an obnoxiously optimistic mood today so ignore me if you just want to stew in it. But let the stress go. Do not let people offload their stress on you. And when you leave work, leave the stress in the office.

Here, have a dancing banana.
:ban:

Hofbrau Dunkel, Weihenstaphaner Pilsner, a couple mediocre American craft brews and one great one (Great Lakes Pale Ale)

Back