What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coquito. It's a Puetro Rican coconut-rum eggnog. I'm having a double. This is just the beginning.

My daughter's birthday party for her friends was today. A dozen 9 year olds running around a swimming pool for 4 hours.

After this, I'll start popping beers.

Beer,

IMG_5702.jpg

What exactly does Brett do for a beer? Seems like a new trend these Brett beers so just wondering if it's something I should look into.

What exactly does Brett do for a beer? Seems like a new trend these Brett beers so just wondering if it's something I should look into.

Does tons of different things
Depending on the strain, beer youve brewed, when you pitch it(at primary solo, or in secondary after sacch fermentation, etc). Its a yeast capable of eating more complex sugars within a wort that sacchoromyces is incapable of eating. Therefore creating a dryer, stronger, generally more complex beer....in a nutshell.

Does tons of different things
Depending on the strain, beer youve brewed, when you pitch it(at primary solo, or in secondary after sacch fermentation, etc). Its a yeast capable of eating more complex sugars within a wort that sacchoromyces is incapable of eating. Therefore creating a dryer, stronger, generally more complex beer....in a nutshell.

Thanks for the info. I always thought it was a bacteria that was made for more sour beers.

This is a home fermented commercial apple cider (White House brand "Fresh Pressed") that I bottled a single bottle out of the half gallon batch with two pellets of Kent Golding hops...on a whim. It's actually really very good. I think I'll have to do a batch this Fall and dry hop it. The Kent Golding is a good match...maybe I'll try some Citra, too. I poured this glass through a mesh bag to filter out most of the hops trub, but I would rack a larger batch to clarify before bottling.

IMG_20150124_225732463.jpg

No. My wife and I decided to stay here in Laramie.

Awesome man! Hope it works out for you guys. Whenever I swing through Laramie I'll hit you up and we will grab a beer. Hopefully I can make it down for a basketball game this year.

Back