What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410568628.600801.jpg
This doesn't suck

Just read the Allagash section in Oldsock's book today, enjoy!

RIS after a few IPAs:rockin:

They are a great brewery. Some of the best customer service I have ever received. Great brewery tour, great employees, and great beer. Glad I have a source in Maine to send some stuff down to me every once in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The cool evening and all these stout pics are getting me in the mood for one. I've got a KBS and a W00t 2.0 but not sure I feel like opening either yet.

Double fisting it. (That's what she said?)

Side by side of long strange tripel and finsfan's clone. Job well done! The real deal is slightly darker and a little fruitier, otherwise VERY similar. Great beers!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410569547.804415.jpg

Double fisting it. (That's what she said?)

Side by side of long strange tripel and finsfan's clone. Job well done! The real deal is slightly darker and a little fruitier, otherwise VERY similar. Great beers!

View attachment 223601

Thanks man! Boulevard uses a custom made pale ale malt which turns out darker but they suggested just straight pilsner. I also screwed up on sparging volumes which dropped the abv. That said, i still enjoy it and think its a good tripel but not yet cloned. Just more reasons to rebrew it haha cheers!

Double Trouble. I wish my "allocated beer shelf" was a little bigger. Oh well

I've got some pretty good stout stashed away, too, but I am waiting on them.

So do I. My cellar (kitchen cabinets) are full, and there might be a case of 750's on my closet floor. The waiting is the hardest part.

I've got a kegging system but still bottle most of my brews, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment? If I brew a low abv (<9%) brew I'll keg it, but everything else I bottle. I'm not sure I could safely handle my RIS or similar on tap...

So do I. My cellar (kitchen cabinets) are full, and there might be a case of 750's on my closet floor. The waiting is the hardest part.

How many hunahs you have left? I'm waiting for the right time to do a side by side by side of MZ, hunah, and my hunah clone

I went for a pour of my zombie dust and realized the keg's almost kicked (sediment in my glass). Had to throw the second real one that Patrick gave me in the fridge so I can do another comparison before it's all gone.

I've got a kegging system but still bottle most of my brews, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment? If I brew a low abv (<9%) brew I'll keg it, but everything else I bottle. I'm not sure I could safely handle my RIS or similar on tap...

I had a kegorator when I started brewing and kegged everything, I'm now learning the beauty of bottling, don't get rid of all those bottles just yet;)

More RIS.

Blew threw some dark horse IPAs and some hbs

Wet hop pale now

Pizza is on delivery...

Smacked or at least what I think smacked is like

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410573179.461113.jpg

How many hunahs you have left? I'm waiting for the right time to do a side by side by side of MZ, hunah, and my hunah clone

Seven, 2 are promised out on trade, so actually 5. I had a Huna when I got back from Huna Day, definitely a ton of cinnamon in there. If I sent you that MZ, it's from last August, I would hit all of them in February or March. Save the other Huna for 2016.

Seven, 2 are promised out on trade, so actually 5. I had a Huna when I got back from Huna Day, definitely a ton of cinnamon in there. If I sent you that MZ, it's from last August, I would hit all of them in February or March. Save the other Huna for 2016.

My older son's 3rd birthday is in march, so that may be perfect.

Drinking a CS Origins courtesy of Finsfan. What a great beer, mouth puckering
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410574486.711568.jpg

I had a kegorator when I started brewing and kegged everything, I'm now learning the beauty of bottling, don't get rid of all those bottles just yet;)

More RIS.

I bottle & keg. I thought I was gonna recycle all my bottles when I started kegging, but I still like bottling.

having my CRye Guy IPA. it's like getting smashed in the face with a Christmas tree with a mango in it... and while eating rye bread. you can taste effervescence. it's light & spritzy, dark and chewy... it's lemon, lemon grass, lemon chicken, lemon butter, garlic butter, buttered toast, toasted almonds, medium rare steak, buttermilk biscuits, orange marmalade, seedless watermelon, musk melon, star fruit, pawpaw, passion fruit, cedar, pipe tobacco, whole leaf chewing tobacco, raspberry, grapefruit, and sweat socks. a bit simple for my taste.

I bottle & keg. I thought I was gonna recycle all my bottles when I started kegging, but I still like bottling.

having my CRye Guy IPA. it's like getting smashed in the face with a Christmas tree with a mango in it... and while eating rye bread. you can taste effervescence. it's light & spritzy, dark and chewy... it's lemon, lemon grass, lemon chicken, lemon butter, garlic butter, buttered toast, toasted almonds, medium rare steak, buttermilk biscuits, orange marmalade, seedless watermelon, musk melon, star fruit, pawpaw, passion fruit, cedar, pipe tobacco, whole leaf chewing tobacco, raspberry, grapefruit, and sweat socks. a bit simple for my taste.

Sounds like it needs more horse blanket.

I need myself one of those!
My sorry azz has to work tomorrow, open house, woop E!

I'd like to show the picture of my thumb, 8 stitches and numbness I now have due to a capper breaking...but luckily I deleted them, after sending to grateful family members. I still have 6 cases of bottles for hard lime/lemonaids, barleywines, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary 1: Megalodon
Secondary 1: TIPA v1.0
Secondary 2: Simcoe Express v1.0
Kegged 1: Sweet Stout
Kegged 2: A soon to be thrown out American Red...blah...
Bottled....too tired to list them all.....

Swmbo asked me to go through the freezer and throw out any breast milk that is old.

Would a "mothers milk" stout be a good idea or just be weird?

It has been a LOOOOOONG time since I have posted here. The wife and I are under 30 days from the birth of our first baby. It's a boy!! She is having a work baby shower tonight and I am watching the Giants vs Dodgers game. Enjoying life before the big change haha. Here is the lineup so far tonight. Just popped the Wookey (super fresh) and his brothers are behind.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410577125.472224.jpg

Swmbo asked me to go through the freezer and throw out any breast milk that is old.

Would a "mothers milk" stout be a good idea or just be weird?

Wow. Wow. I've got a chest freezer (no pun intended) full of breast milk that my wife is thinking of donating to the children's hospital. But now I'm thinking...

^^ Hahahaha. After spending the last week researching breast pumps, I can only say that you HAVE to brew the first "mothers milk" stout. Probably cure a hangover!

It has been a LOOOOOONG time since I have posted here. The wife and I are under 30 days from the birth of our first baby. It's a boy!! She is having a work baby shower tonight and I am watching the Giants vs Dodgers game. Enjoying life before the big change haha. Here is the lineup so far tonight. Just popped the Wookey (super fresh) and his brothers are behind.

View attachment 223624

Congrats! And good luck. Your life is about to change big time. It is awesome though

Congrats! And good luck. Your life is about to change big time. It is awesome though

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. We have had a very rough road getting to a successful pregnancy, so we are both just ecstatic to welcome this little man into the world. And a big thanks to the supportive community here. You guys rock!!! :ban:

Back