What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. We have had a very rough road getting to a successful pregnancy, so we are both just ecstatic to welcome this little man into the world. And a big thanks to the supportive community here. You guys rock!!! :ban:

I know that story. Then we had my first and what do you know, the second comes along right after the first, lol.

Having another crooked stave. Interesting beer, sour, but different than any other I've had. Good, but different. 4/5

Thanks again to Finsfan
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410578408.829511.jpg

It has been a LOOOOOONG time since I have posted here. The wife and I are under 30 days from the birth of our first baby. It's a boy!! She is having a work baby shower tonight and I am watching the Giants vs Dodgers game. Enjoying life before the big change haha. Here is the lineup so far tonight. Just popped the Wookey (super fresh) and his brothers are behind.

View attachment 223624

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Congrats!

Our first little girl is due in 3 months.

^ Haha. She hasn't even had the first and is already talking about having the second. It's like you know here haha. We plan on naming our son Hudson and I found this tonight at a local store. Coincidence?? I think not.....

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410578657.389500.jpg

^ Haha. She hasn't even had the first and is already talking about having the second. It's like you know here haha. We plan on naming our son Hudson and I found this tonight at a local store. Coincidence?? I think not.....

View attachment 223641

I'd consider Tim Hudson an A or a Brave before a Giant ;)

It has been a LOOOOOONG time since I have posted here. The wife and I are under 30 days from the birth of our first baby. It's a boy!! She is having a work baby shower tonight and I am watching the Giants vs Dodgers game. Enjoying life before the big change haha. Here is the lineup so far tonight. Just popped the Wookey (super fresh) and his brothers are behind.

Congrats! Enjoy the beer while you can and the little one when he gets here.

HB pale ale
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410579064.209615.jpg

I'd consider Tim Hudson an A or a Brave before a Giant ;)

Hahaha. Yeah, it has nothing to do with Timmy Hudson as a Giant. She is not as bog of a Giants fan as I am. But, I cant help think about T Hudson. Yeah, I always think of him on the Braves. She is set on the name and it has grown on me the last couple months. At least his first name is Tim :). I have other choices that we may pick, but I doubt it. SWMBO.....

In the meantime, I am drinking the other half of my Wookey Jack. Just realized I am wearing a Firestone shirt too! Weird :fro:

View attachment 223624

Dad was there last night also.

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. We have had a very rough road getting to a successful pregnancy, so we are both just ecstatic to welcome this little man into the world. And a big thanks to the supportive community here. You guys rock!!! :ban:

The guys are pretty cool here. Best wishes on your first born and mama. Ready to be grandpa for the 4th and 5th time myself.

Congrats! My third boy is due in November and they've all been tough pregnancies. But it's so worth it!

Been laying low for a week. Been sick and finally feeling better. Looks like I've missed a lot. Started off with thisImageUploadedByHome Brew1410579422.058402.jpg
And now a Double Trouble
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410579451.068655.jpg

I bottle & keg. I thought I was gonna recycle all my bottles when I started kegging, but I still like bottling.

having my CRye Guy IPA. it's like getting smashed in the face with a Christmas tree with a mango in it... and while eating rye bread. you can taste effervescence. it's light & spritzy, dark and chewy... it's lemon, lemon grass, lemon chicken, lemon butter, garlic butter, buttered toast, toasted almonds, medium rare steak, buttermilk biscuits, orange marmalade, seedless watermelon, musk melon, star fruit, pawpaw, passion fruit, cedar, pipe tobacco, whole leaf chewing tobacco, raspberry, grapefruit, and sweat socks. a bit simple for my taste.

You are one sick puppy. I feel like we were separated at birth!

How is it Wes?? Saw it tonight and almost pulled the trigger. Is it worth the $20 a bomber??

How is that? Thats the current one, correct?

How is that? I have one in the cellar - is it ready?

Not bad. Some bourbon and oak in the nose and upfront in flavor. I'm reserving final judgement until it warms a bit. This finally made its way down here. I figured I'd go ahead and drink one now and age another.

I don't usually spring for a $12 4-pack, but I had one of these last year and liked it, so I picked up a pack. 8% ABV and bottled 6/26. A tad more bitter than I prefer, but still really good. I'm going to brew a Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale...hopefully Sunday...I would consider it a success if it comes out with a similar body and color, a little sweeter and just a little less bitter with ABV around 6.25-6.5%.

IMAG3535.jpg

Haha, welcome to the club. LOVE that beer. Do you have access to that, or did you have to trade for it?

I wish I had access to it. I can't remember, but I think Mark sent it to me. I really need to start marking my bottles I receive in trade.

Having a quick taste of the Husdon Bourbon. It's really good. A bit hot for a bourbon, but still has a strong oak and vanilla flavor. Like it so far.

Little sad that nobody is drunk and rambling late tonight. I need someone to live vicariously through.

Coffee at work.

Last cup of coffee... Then a bit of a drive home... Then I think I will have something as black as coffee before sacking out.

Coff.

My liver might give-out at tonight's wedding.

Coffee. Had some beers last night that were prety good such as La Folie, Hop the Pond, and Blocktoberfest. Tomorrow I get to brew my own recipe on a brewery's pilot system and they'll sell it. I suppose only if it doesn't suck. I'm hoping it doesn't suck.

Latest posts

Back