What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406739485.165958.jpg

Coffee.

Anyone ever make the Dead Ringer IPA from Northern? Does it really turn out like Two Hearted (it is really a clone)?

If you have ever had Two Hearted but have never made this clone, does this recipe look like it has the right hop additions to get to something like Two Hearted? I know the hop variety is right, it just seems a little light to me.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/allgrain/AG-DeadRingerIPA.pdf

I'm brewing the extract version this weekend. Doesn't help you, I'm sure :p

I enjoyed the stone enjoy by I had and like their black ipa and imperial stout, but was not impressed with ruination.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coffee.

Anyone ever make the Dead Ringer IPA from Northern? Does it really turn out like Two Hearted (it is really a clone)?

If you have ever had Two Hearted but have never made this clone, does this recipe look like it has the right hop additions to get to something like Two Hearted? I know the hop variety is right, it just seems a little light to me.

A long time ago, I made the extract version. Great beer, but I wouldn't call it very close. I looked at the AG kit ingredients, and it seems as though it's just Pale and C40. I'm pretty sure they use some Vienna in their recipe. I also would think that having the right yeast would make a big difference. It seems as though Bells yeast is an English yeast, since their fermentation schedule gradually increases the temp as the beer finishes. Just my thought though.

Tired of drinking water.

Downing water like it's.....well, water. Wish I could just call it a day and head home. It's too hot to be working outside. Stupid Texas, stupid sun.

What are you talking about your not enjoying this cold front? It's only 89* right now.

Enjoying this with what's left of my brown ale.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406745709.353450.jpg

Listening to Bob Marley, of course.

Drinking water while enjoying my 34th birthday with my son. I took him to the lab with me this morning, we went bowling at lunch and now I have to take him to get a haircut before school starts next week. Fun day, I'm about to scope out what I will be drinking this evening.

Drinking water while enjoying my 34th birthday with my son. I took him to the lab with me this morning, we went bowling at lunch and now I have to take him to get a haircut before school starts next week. Fun day, I'm about to scope out what I will be drinking this evening.

Happy birthday!
Drinking bottling dregs of Belgian Honey Orange Wheat. The orange really seems to shine with nice a funkay touch, can't wait to carb!

Drinking water now, think I might try that expresso latte with lactose from that Beer Camp 12 pack later

Happy Birthday man! Enjoy it :D

Happy birthday!

Just finished a cherry coke. May run to the lhbs to pick up longer beer lines and other stuff. Keep getting half foam on 40 degree beer with door mounted shanks and 6' line. Figure I'll get 12' on each and trim down as needed

Sitting at the barber as we speak, he says the girls like it long like Justin Bierber's. I had to inform him that we will be looking for a better role model

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

All of my friends in Alabama have that style haircut. It's a Bible Belt thing. :D

Happy Birthday! This one's for you.

It's ice ****ing cold, too. I can smell it from 10-feet away.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406753557.895908.jpg

Guess I'm late to the party but Happy Birthday!

Drinking water now, and thinking about what's pouring when I get home

Just mashed in a Gumballhead clone drinking a HB Fresh Squeezed. Brought up 2 of the beer camp beers to try just grabbed em randomly, the Alt Route and the Tater Ridge.

And first gusher. Good thing I opened it right next to the sink.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406755885.188106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do you have the Vandal Eyes recipe or was it the kit?
it was the kit, but I entered it into BeerSmith for record keeping. you want it?

Coffee.

Read Ringer was one of the first AG batches I made. it came out pretty well the same on the hop aroma/bitterness/flavor, but mine was a tad drier. damn mash temps anyway.

Back